FALL GEESE QUILT BLOCK. Size 12½ x 12½ Unfinished Beginner Level

Size: px
Start display at page:

Download "FALL GEESE QUILT BLOCK. Size 12½ x 12½ Unfinished Beginner Level"

Transcription

1 FALL GEESE QUILT BLOCK Size ½ x ½ Unfinished Beginner Level

2 QUILT BLOCK INTRODUCTION Inspired by my favorite season of the year, the fall geese quilt block is part of the Fall Block Party hosted by fabric.com. Create your own wall hanging, table runner or quilt top - the possibilities are endless y all! The pattern includes measurements, easy-to-use instructions, paper piece template and a quilt block diagram. Please be sure to read through all of the instructions before you begin. Happy Sewing! Kristi Owner & Designer, Initial K Studio, LLC.

3 MATERIALS / FABRIC REQUIREMENTS CUTTING DIRECTIONS Kona Cotton Caramel Fat Quarter Kona Cotton Caramel A pieces: 4 x 7 Kona Cotton Spice Fat Quarter Kona Cotton Spice B pieces: 4 x 7 Kona Cotton Cinnamon Fat Quarter Kona Cotton Cinnamon C pieces: 4 x 7 Kona Cotton Cocoa Fat Quarter Kona Cotton Cocoa D pieces: 4 x 7 Background Fabric Kona Cotton Eggshell Fat Quarter Kona Cotton Eggshell E 8 pieces: 3-¾ x 8 PAPER PIECING INSTRUCTIONS This quilt block comes together in no time by paper piecing the Half-Rectangle Triangle (HRT) Block A and B. When printing the templates, I prefer to use a lightweight recycled paper, which you can find at your local Office Supply store. Please see the following page for paper piecing instructions. Printing directions: - Remember to select Do Not Scale in dialogue box. - Measure the square to check for printing accuracy.

4 PAPER PIECING INSTRUCTIONS continued. Using the HRT Paper Piece Block A template, position fabric A right side up over area (Ink side down) and extend the block over the trim line (Figure ).. Place fabric E right side down over fabric A and extend fabric E ¼ into area (Figure ). 3. Hold/Pin the fabric pieces together and flip the entire stack over. Using a.5mm stitch length, sew along the marked lines between area and, backstitching at the beginning and end (Figure 3). 4. Trim backstitching threads then fold the paper template back along the seam line between area and and trim the fabric ¼ from the fold/seam line with a ruler and rotary cutter (Figure 4). Unfold the paper and press the seams to one side. 5. With the paper side facing up, trim around the template (Figure 5). Repeat steps -5 until you have created one HRT Block A and one HRT Block B in each Kona Cotton color (Fabric A-D). There will be eight blocks total, four of Block A and four of Block B. FIGURE FIGURE FIGURE 3 FIGURE 4 FIGURE 5

5 QUILT BLOCK ASSEMBLY Based on the quilt block diagram below, assemble and sew the HRTs Block A and B together with a /4 seam, then press the seams open. The block will measure ½ unfinished and finished. Hope you enjoy this easy, peasy paper pieced quilt block y all and cheers to the Fall Block Party! #fallblockparty #fabricdotcomblockparty #fallgeeseblock Fabric A + BLOCK A BLOCK B Fabric B Fabric C Fabric D

6 ADDITIONAL LAYOUT OPTIONS There are a variety of ways to layout this quilt block to achieve different looks. For example, you can change the direction of the HRT blocks or change the placement of color. Below are a few layout options which can be used to create a table runner and/or a full quilt.

7 HRT BLOCK A

8 HRT BLOCK B

9 ABOUT INITIAL K STUDIO Initial K Studio is the brainchild of Austin based graphic designer-turned-modern-quilter, Kristi Schroeder. After designing for luxury retailer Neiman Marcus and the award-winning architectural firm Corgan Ms. Schroeder left the corporate world behind to pursue her true passion modern quilting. This native Texan is a world traveler who draws inspiration for her quilts in art, fashion, and textiles from around the globe. All quilt patterns are conceived, designed, and handmade by Ms. Schroeder. Ms. Schroeder is a member of the Modern Quilt Guild and has been published in Love Patchwork & Quilting and Make Modern Magazine, as well as featured in D Magazine and Dallas Morning News. Recently, the Migration, Modern Waves and Ocean Waves quilts were showcased in the QuiltCon East 07 exhibit and Ms. Schroeder s Modern Waves Quilt was awarded first place in Modern Traditionalism category. UPCOMING PROJECTS Ms. Schroeder s first book, Southwest Modern, featuring 8 travel-inspired quilts photographed in the beautiful Southwest, will be released by Lucky Spool Media November 07. Please contact Ms. Schroeder for additional details. CONTACT INFORMATION kristi@initialkstudio.com Facebook:

LIVE.LOVE.SEW FEATURE BLOCKS B.O.M PROGRAM

LIVE.LOVE.SEW FEATURE BLOCKS B.O.M PROGRAM LIVE.LOVE.SEW FEATURE BLOCKS B.O.M PROGRAM FEATURE BLOCKS Congratulations on finishing your twelve Feature Blocks! It has been so much fun sewing along with you all this past year, learning more about

More information

2018 Quilting Jetgirl Page 1

2018 Quilting Jetgirl   Page 1 2018 Quilting Jetgirl http://quiltingjetgirl.com Page 1 Planning The Bixby Bridge Block uses a combination of Foundation Paper Piecing and traditional piecing. Paper piecing was selected for this block

More information

Shimmer Braid. Month 4

Shimmer Braid. Month 4 Shimmer Braid Month 4 4 star blocks 1 center block Star Block Size 10 square = Finished Block Size. Finished means after it is sewn into the quilt. 10 ½ square = Unfinished Size. Unfinished means before

More information

Finished Size: 66"x66" Quilt is 66" x 66".

Finished Size: 66x66 Quilt is 66 x 66. Finished Size: 66"x66" Quilt is 66" x 66". Finished Size: 66" x 66". Quilter Basics Read instructions before beginning a project. All instructions include a ¼" seam allowance. Press as you go. Press seams

More information

feathered star block instructions : 8 x 8 12 x x 16 (center of quilt above) a paper piecing pattern by Jessie Zeigler Threaded Quilting Studio

feathered star block instructions : 8 x 8 12 x x 16 (center of quilt above) a paper piecing pattern by Jessie Zeigler Threaded Quilting Studio No Y Seam by Jessie Zeigler Threaded Quilting Studio feathered star block instructions : 8 x 8 12 x 12 16 x 16 (center of quilt above) a paper piecing pattern Pattern Notes & Needs Skill level: intermediate

More information

ELIZA BASKET TUTORIAL

ELIZA BASKET TUTORIAL Share your basket on Instagram with #elizabasket and #sonicstitchesquilts so I can see your beautiful work! SUPPLIES ELIZA BASKET TUTORIAL FABRIC Background and Handles: 1 yard Flying geese: 1/8 yard Interfacing

More information

Cutting. Construction CREAMS

Cutting. Construction CREAMS Size: "x " Size: "x " Quilter Basics Please read all instructions before beginning. Label your cut pieces All instructions use ¼" seam allowance. Press all seams toward dark fabric. CREAMS Cutting Fabric

More information

Project: Sewing Spools Wall Quilt

Project: Sewing Spools Wall Quilt inspired by Stitcher s Studio from designer Alexia Marcelle Abegg of Green Bee Patterns (Alexiaabegg.squarespace.com) quilt tester: Laura Boehnke Display a four-block wall hanging showcasing thread spool

More information

Sewing Spools Wall Quilt

Sewing Spools Wall Quilt Sewing Spools Wall Quilt Display a four-block wall hanging showcasing thread spool and sewing machine designs in your sewing space. Fabrics are from the Winsome collection by Kim Diehl for Henry Glass

More information

Valentine Hearts Table Topper A Foundation Pieced Design Skill Level: Beginner

Valentine Hearts Table Topper A Foundation Pieced Design Skill Level: Beginner Valentine Hearts Table Topper A Foundation Pieced Design Skill Level: Beginner Designed By Alexandra Henry Sewn By Alexandra Henry http://www.artbyalexa.com Use Pellon Stitch-N-Tear Lite to foundation

More information

e C Preservation Nineteenth in a Series Finished Quilt: 100"x100"

e C Preservation Nineteenth in a Series Finished Quilt: 100x100 ction for a Cau e l l o s C Preservation (H e 1830-1850 oward Marcus ) Nineteenth in a Series Finished Quilt: 100"x100" Collection for a Cause Preservation 1830-1850 (Howard Marcus) Dating to 1830, the

More information

sew many colors mini quilt

sew many colors mini quilt sew many colors mini quilt www.aurifil.com www.wholecirclestudio.com materials To make one finished 16 x 16 block/mini quilt. Multiply material quantities to make additional blocks. Make additional blocks

More information

Spiegel Flying Geese Pillow. Step-by-Step Instructions. Erin Van Handel Sie macht

Spiegel Flying Geese Pillow. Step-by-Step Instructions. Erin Van Handel Sie macht Spiegel Flying Geese Pillow Step-by-Step Instructions Erin Van Handel Sie macht 1. ) Play Picasso Using colored pencils or markers, color a flying geese design. 9 in 4.5 in Original Your Design 2.) Choose

More information

Outback Wife Quilt. Requirements. Tools. By nightingale quilts for. Made Using. finished size of quilt: approx 99 x 99

Outback Wife Quilt. Requirements. Tools. By nightingale quilts for. Made Using. finished size of quilt: approx 99 x 99 Requirements finished size of quilt: approx 99 x 99 (All strips are assumed to be width of fabric unless otherwise stated) Colours A-P: 10 x WOF, or a Fat Quarter of each colour Background (BG) fabric:

More information

Tuning My Heart Quilts by Debra Davis

Tuning My Heart Quilts by Debra Davis Tuning My Heart Quilts by Debra Davis Copyright 2018 Debra Davis -Tuning My Heart Quilts, LLC A Nordic Christmas Mini Blocks by Debra Davis Tuning My Heart Quilts, LLC Week 4: Pinwheel Finished size: 3

More information

Chevron Table Runner By Joanna Marsh

Chevron Table Runner By Joanna Marsh By Joanna Marsh Liven up your table decor just in time to party for St. Patrick s Day with this quick and easy foundation paper pieced table runner. If you are new to foundation paper piecing, this is

More information

Timber! Reading Pillow

Timber! Reading Pillow Timber! Reading Pillow Designed by Rachel Rossi Downloadable Version For more great patterns, fabrics, & tutorials be sure to visit www.rachelrossi.design Please Do not reproduce this pattern or create

More information

July inspired by the exhibit

July inspired by the exhibit July 2018 inspired by the exhibit Page 2 Inspiration National Quilt Museum gallery When the Apollo astronauts went to the moon, the whole world watched. When the Fly Me to the Moon art quilt challenge

More information

Diamond Fusion: 12 finished block by Alice Samuel s Quilt Co.

Diamond Fusion: 12 finished block by Alice Samuel s Quilt Co. Diamond Fusion: 12 finished block by Alice Samuel s Quilt Co. Set A SET B REQUIREMENTS: Fabrics: 5 fat Quarters Rotary Cutter Ruler at least a 6 x 24 Cardboard for template if necessary Cutting mat Spray

More information

PINWHEEL BATIK BABY QUILT TUTORIAL

PINWHEEL BATIK BABY QUILT TUTORIAL PINWHEEL BATIK BABY QUILT TUTORIAL I have another fast and easy tutorial for you using the Ready Set GO Ultimate Cutting System Starter Set from AccuQuilt. I made a cute little batik quilt that can be

More information

Compass Rose Sewing Pattern by Tiffany Hayes

Compass Rose Sewing Pattern by Tiffany Hayes Compass Rose Sewing Pattern by Tiffany Hayes 20 x 20 Designer Spotlight TIFFANY HAYES Hi there, I am Tiffany (owner of Needle in a Hayes Stack) and I have been quilting for many, many years now. I love

More information

Harvest Basket Block

Harvest Basket Block Harvest Basket Block Pieced block using strip piecing and fold-over triangles Finished size 12 Square, Unfinished size 12 ½ square Overview The block is constructed by making two 6 ½ by 12 ½ rectangles

More information

Featuring Shades of the Season 7. Supplies Needed

Featuring Shades of the Season 7. Supplies Needed Seasonal Bouquet Designed by L & L Studios Wall Hanging Finished project measures 45 x 65 Featuring Shades of the Season 7 Supplies Needed Wall Hanging 1 yard: SRKM-14602-191 1 FQ: 14599-191, 14599-191,

More information

Benartex Bows Table Runner A Foundation Pieced Design Skill Level: Beginner

Benartex Bows Table Runner A Foundation Pieced Design Skill Level: Beginner Benartex Bows Table Runner A Foundation Pieced Design Skill Level: Beginner Designed By Alexandra Henry Sewn By Alexandra Henry http://www.artbyalexa.com Use Pellon Stitch-N-Tear Lite to foundation piece

More information

COTTON+STEEL PATTERN NO A DIVISION OF RJR FABRICS FROM PORTO WITH LOVE 6 4 X 7 2 COTTONANDSTEELFABRICS.COM

COTTON+STEEL PATTERN NO A DIVISION OF RJR FABRICS FROM PORTO WITH LOVE 6 4 X 7 2 COTTONANDSTEELFABRICS.COM COLLECTION FROM PORTO WITH LOVE PATTERN NAME PATTERN DESIGNER FABRIC DESIGNER SARDINE QUILT SARAH WATTS SARAH WATTS 6 4 X 7 2 FABRIC REQUIREMENTS AND CUTTING Cut five 16 1/2 x Cut four 40 1/2 x Cut two

More information

Rudolph's Run Table Runner

Rudolph's Run Table Runner Rudolph's Run Table Runner Table runners are a beautiful way to personalize your holiday decor. Choose your favorite designs and fabrics you love to decorate your table in style! This festive table runner

More information

Winner Designs Get a Grip Half Hexie Templates

Winner Designs Get a Grip Half Hexie Templates Winner Designs Get a Grip Half Hexie Templates No Slipping ~ No Kidding! No more dreaded Y seams! Half Hexies 3 sizes The Half Hexie Get a Grip Template makes it easy to cut multiple layers quickly & accurately.

More information

Patches of Blue Quilt Along Shimmering Snow Block 6

Patches of Blue Quilt Along Shimmering Snow Block 6 Patches of Blue Quilt Along Shimmering Snow Block 6 Its a beautiful summer weekend, and I am so happy to announce that we are on Block 6 (halfway through) our Patches of Blue Quilt Along! Before we move

More information

Foundation-Piece a Festive Reindeer Block. By Emily Jansson, Nancy s Notions guest blogger

Foundation-Piece a Festive Reindeer Block. By Emily Jansson, Nancy s Notions guest blogger Foundation-Piece a Festive Reindeer Block By Emily Jansson, Nancy s Notions guest blogger This fun paper-piecing project is much simpler than it looks! Sew a 16 x 16 (finished) block to turn into a holiday

More information

Original Recipe. This is a great pattern if you have not foundation pieced before and you want to dip your toe into this technique.

Original Recipe. This is a great pattern if you have not foundation pieced before and you want to dip your toe into this technique. Original Recipe Hi, I'm Stacey and I blog at The Tilted Quilt. Today, I am sharing a Cozy Campground Quilt with you. I have two young sons and my husband is just dying to begin taking them on camping trips.

More information

Primo Plaid Flannels: New Blues

Primo Plaid Flannels: New Blues #MakeItWithMarcusFabrics 66 x 84 PAGE 2 of 5 Fabric Requirements & Cutting Instructions Quilt Size: 66 x 84 Fabric A J306-0110 Fat Quarter Fabric B U038-0150 Fat Quarter Cut six 2 ½ squares. Fabric C U037-0118

More information

Crescendo Pin Wheel Quilt

Crescendo Pin Wheel Quilt Crescendo Pin Wheel Quilt Pinwheel quilts are the perfect example of a quilt pattern inspired by a real object. Whimsical and decorative, pinwheel quilts create gorgeous motifs that any quilter will love.

More information

Quilt Along Mug Block

Quilt Along Mug Block Quilt Along Mug Block Rotary Cut, Pieced Block Finished size 12 square, Unfinished size 12 ½ square Overview This block features rotary cut pieces and stitch and flip corners. The text can be computer

More information

Finished Size: 75"x 75"

Finished Size: 75x 75 Finished Size: 75"x 75" Finished Size: 75"x 75" Block Size: 1"x1" and 6"x6" Quilters Basics Read instructions before beginning a project. All instructions include a ¼" seam allowance. Press as you go.

More information

Wild Things. Where the Wild Things Are quilt designed by Debby Kratovil

Wild Things. Where the Wild Things Are quilt designed by Debby Kratovil Where the Wild Things Are quilt designed by Debby Kratovil Quilt size: approximately 42" x 42" Featuring fabrics from Wild Things collection by KG Art Studio for P&B Textiles Fabric collection by KG Art

More information

Scooter Strips Wall Hanging

Scooter Strips Wall Hanging Scooter Strips Wall Hanging This wall hanging is a quirky take on the traditional log cabin quilt block. It uses fabric of different widths to make the central block off-centre. Adding border strips to

More information

Like to make the most of everything? Experiment with our challenge to create something special from a specific set of materials.

Like to make the most of everything? Experiment with our challenge to create something special from a specific set of materials. Like to make the most of everything? Experiment with our challenge to create something special from a specific set of materials. + = 4 fat q uarters 1 fat quarter 2 1 Fabrics are from the Pumpkin Patch

More information

S TA C K, SLASH & SASH. Quilting. Quilting 10+ unique projects

S TA C K, SLASH & SASH. Quilting. Quilting 10+ unique projects Quilting S TA C K, SLASH & SASH Quilting 10+ unique projects 141355 S TA C K, S L A S H & SASH Quilting Edited by Carolyn S. Vagts 2 Introduction is all about creating uniquely beautiful quilts. Create

More information

Spring Has Sprung Skill Level: Intermediate

Spring Has Sprung Skill Level: Intermediate Spring Has Sprung Skill Level: Intermediate Designed By Darlene Christopherson Sewn By Judy Steward The traditional evening star block surrounds a center of easy to applique flowers and birds. This bright

More information

Blooming Beauties Quilt

Blooming Beauties Quilt Blooming Beauties Quilt Embroidery Designed and Digitized by Janet Sansom Please read through all instructions before starting your project. All seam allowances are ¼ inch, unless otherwise stated and

More information

LIVE LOVE SEW PATTERN CO. BASKET WEAVE # x 84

LIVE LOVE SEW PATTERN CO. BASKET WEAVE # x 84 LIVE LOVE SEW PATTERN CO. BASKET WEAVE #127 50 x 84 QUILT STATS: BASKET WEAVE Finished Quilt: 50 x 84 Finished Block: 6 x 6 MATERIALS: (1x) Rollie Pollie (Sweet Prairie Fabric) 1 ½ yards Solid Fabric (Background)

More information

Green Buoy Block (6 x 7.5 )

Green Buoy Block (6 x 7.5 ) Green Buoy Block (6 x 7.5 ) *Beginner paper foundation piecing skill level Paper foundation piecing pattern by Karen Kuske Copyright 2017 by Quilt Patterns & More, LLC General Instructions (Important to

More information

Noteables: Medium Composition Books {Double Hoop Version}

Noteables: Medium Composition Books {Double Hoop Version} The medium composition book can be made in a single 8 x 12 hoop or in two 6 x 10 hoops. Noteables: Medium Composition Books {Double Hoop Version} Kimberbell Noteables are composition book covers that turn

More information

Deb Tucker's Studio 180 Design Wing Clipper I - A trim down tool for (no waste) traditional flying geese units

Deb Tucker's Studio 180 Design Wing Clipper I - A trim down tool for (no waste) traditional flying geese units I am happy to share with you this traditional quilt using the fabulous Summer on the Pond fabric line by Holly Taylor. In these cold winter days, this fabric brings wistful thoughts of the summer and vacation

More information

A Nordic Christmas. Week 2: Churn Dash. Finished size: 3 x 3

A Nordic Christmas. Week 2: Churn Dash. Finished size: 3 x 3 A Nordic Christmas Mini Blocks by Debra Davis Tuning My Heart Quilts, LLC Week 2: Churn Dash Finished size: 3 x 3 This is the second in my series of Christmas ornaments to adorn the house. While they are

More information

BEAR PAW MUG RUG Skill Level: Beginner

BEAR PAW MUG RUG Skill Level: Beginner BEAR PAW MUG RUG Skill Level: Beginner Designed & Stitched By Alexandra Henry The bear paw is a traditional quilt block pattern. Use it to make this easy little mug rug to brighten your morning coffee.

More information

Carkai Yuma. Featuring Carkai by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman. Finished Size: 64 x 64. A free pattern from

Carkai Yuma. Featuring Carkai by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman. Finished Size: 64 x 64. A free pattern from Carkai Yuma Featuring Carkai by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman A free pattern from Finished Size: 6 x 6 Fabric Needed: 1 yd - Fabric A (large triangle) 1 yd - Fabric B (large triangle) 1 3/ yd

More information

Figgy Pudding #131. Finished quilt size is 69-1/2 x 69-1/2. Materials Needed:

Figgy Pudding #131. Finished quilt size is 69-1/2 x 69-1/2. Materials Needed: #131 Figgy Pudding Finished quilt size is 69-1/2 x 69-1/2 Materials Needed: 10 fat quarters 2-3/4 yards background fabric 1 fat quarter for corner blocks 1 yard border fabric 2/3 yard binding fabric 4-1/2

More information

Scrappy Firework Quilts. by Edyta Sitar for Laundry Basket Quilts

Scrappy Firework Quilts. by Edyta Sitar for Laundry Basket Quilts Free Project for more basic quilting resources and patterns visit landauerpub.com Sewing Box Originally published in the book Scrappy Firework Quilts by Edyta Sitar for Laundry Basket Quilts Photos, illustrations

More information

Sawtooth Star Ornament with Applique Center

Sawtooth Star Ornament with Applique Center Sawtooth Star Ornament with Applique Center Sawtooth Star with Applique Center Ornament/2 To make one Sawtooth Star Ornament with Applique Center you will need: 8 square of White or light colored background

More information

RIVER S EDGE ANTIQUES & QUILT LOFT

RIVER S EDGE ANTIQUES & QUILT LOFT RIVER S EDGE ANTIQUES & QUILT LOFT TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS 2019 Gail Grassel River s Edge Antiques & Quilt Loft 10103 State Road 27 Hayward, WI 54843 715-634-0706 www.shopriversedge.com LIKE US On Facebook

More information

SCRAPPY DAISIES. The Red Boot Quilt Company

SCRAPPY DAISIES. The Red Boot Quilt Company SCRAPPY DAISIES The Red Boot Quilt Company www.theredbootquiltcompany.com SCRAPPY DAISIES Approx. Size 70 1/2in x 70 1/2in This is a free pattern provided by The Red Boot Quilt Company 2018 STRICTLY NOT

More information

Tuning My Heart Quilts by Debra Davis

Tuning My Heart Quilts by Debra Davis Tuning My Heart Quilts by Debra Davis Copyright 2018 Debra Davis -Tuning My Heart Quilts, LLC A Nordic Christmas Mini Blocks by Debra Davis Tuning My Heart Quilts, LLC Week 3: Friendship Star Finished

More information

Child s Apron Tutorial

Child s Apron Tutorial Supplies Child s Apron Tutorial for Ann Kelle http://www.annkelle.com/tutorial-childrens-apron/ ½ yard fabric (apron skirt and bib pocket) Fat quarter fabric (bib and apron skirt pockets) ¼ yard fabric

More information

Note: Yardage and supplies listed are for all three bags.

Note: Yardage and supplies listed are for all three bags. Stash Pouches Finished sizes: Large 10" (25.4 cm) wide x 81/2" (21.6 cm) tall x 31/2" (8.9 cm) deep Medium 9" (22.9 cm) wide x 7" (17.8 cm) tall x 3" (7.6 cm) deep Small 8" (20.3 cm) wide x 6" (15.2 cm)

More information

PINWHEEL STAR WORKSHOP QUILT

PINWHEEL STAR WORKSHOP QUILT PINWHEEL STAR WORKSHOP QUILT Finished Size: 9" x 9" FABRIC REQUIREMENTS fat quarter or less of each fabric Fabric A - Medium (or dark) print for center star Fabric B - Dark (or medium) print for pinwheels,

More information

Under The S ea Table Runner

Under The S ea Table Runner Finished Size: 12" x 48" (30.48cm x 121.92cm) Under The S ea Supp lies Needed B efore you begin 3 Wishes Fabric Under the Sea Collection 1 yd. (91.44cm) 12281-Lt. Blue 3 8 yd. (34.29cm) 12289-Lt. Blue

More information

Meeting of the Geese. Pattern of the Month. January 2016 For Members of the MQG. by Sylvia Schaefer Individual MQG Member

Meeting of the Geese. Pattern of the Month. January 2016 For Members of the MQG. by Sylvia Schaefer Individual MQG Member Pattern of the Month January 2016 For Members of the MQG Meeting of the Geese by Sylvia Schaefer Individual MQG Member The Modern Quilt Guild s mission is to support and encourage the growth and development

More information

Patches of Blue Quilt Along Blue Bell Block 5

Patches of Blue Quilt Along Blue Bell Block 5 Patches of Blue Quilt Along Blue Bell Block 5 I hope your Mother s Day was full of blue skies, family time, and the most beautiful owers! The next block in our Quilt Along is one of my favorite quilting

More information

Fling by Laura Jones 57" x 68" Featuring fabrics from the E60-1439-GRY E60-1440-PUR E60-1441-PUR E60-1442-GRN E60-1443-TURQ E60-1444-PUR E60-1444-GRY (includes binding) collection by Materials 1 Yard 1

More information

Mod Tartan. mod tartan 1. *Pattern includes instructions for a single block, mini, and large sofa quilt. #modtartanquilt #gingerpeachstudio

Mod Tartan. mod tartan 1. *Pattern includes instructions for a single block, mini, and large sofa quilt. #modtartanquilt #gingerpeachstudio Mod Tartan strip & slash technique sizes: 4 x 4 & 7 x 7 skill level: *Pattern includes instructions for a single block, mini, and large sofa quilt Welcome! Thank you so much for your interest in the Mod

More information

Quilting Classroom 2

Quilting Classroom 2 Quilting Classroom 2 Jennie Rayment 25th November 8.00 am Createandcraft.tv Quilting Classroom 2 Tools & Equipment Sewing machine ¼ presser foot Bobbin Winder Thread Rotary Cutter 28/45/60 mm Truecut Spare

More information

LIVE.LOVE.SEW. GOING UP! # x 58.5

LIVE.LOVE.SEW. GOING UP! # x 58.5 LIVE.LOVE.SEW GOING UP! #117 58.5 x 58.5 QUILT STATS: GOING UP! Finished Quilt: 58.5 x 58.5 Finished Block: 7 x 9.5 MATERIALS: 35 10 x 10 squares 2 ½ yards Solid Fabric 3 ¾ yards Print Fabric {backing}

More information

Shimmer Braid. Month 3

Shimmer Braid. Month 3 Shimmer Braid Month 3 Make 4 Braids with purple points. Make 8 Braids with white points. Block Size 5 x 17 = Finished Block Size. Finished means after it is sewn into the quilt. 5 ½ x 17 ½ square = Unfinished

More information

The Flower Fields Quilt Featuring Flower Fields collection Finished Size: 66 x 78 Designed by Lynne Goldsworthy for Lecien

The Flower Fields Quilt Featuring Flower Fields collection Finished Size: 66 x 78 Designed by Lynne Goldsworthy for Lecien The Flower Fields Quilt Featuring Flower Fields collection Finished Size: 66 x 78 Designed by Lynne Goldsworthy for Lecien Materials One FQ bundle of Lecien Flower Fields (scrappy binding is also made

More information

January Snowman. Wall Hanging. Pumpkin Patch Patterns. 28 1/2 x 24. by Beatrice Rieske PPP020-EIN

January Snowman. Wall Hanging. Pumpkin Patch Patterns. 28 1/2 x 24. by Beatrice Rieske PPP020-EIN January Snowman Wall Hanging 28 1/2 x 24 Pumpkin Patch Patterns by Beatrice Rieske PPP020-EIN 2016 Pumpkin Patch Patterns by Beatrice Rieske All Rights Reserved Page 2 of 8 JANUARY SNOWMAN WALL HANGING

More information

MARCH Block of the Month SWFQG March 2018 Beginning Paper Piecing.

MARCH Block of the Month SWFQG March 2018 Beginning Paper Piecing. MARCH Block of the Month SWFQG March 2018 Beginning Paper Piecing. We are making a simple square within a square paper pieced 8 ½ x 8 ½ block this month. The BOM team is supplying fabric and the template.

More information

Q.U.I.L.T.S. 30th Anniversary Block of the Month

Q.U.I.L.T.S. 30th Anniversary Block of the Month Not Too Fussy Pieced 12 x 12 finished size The Not Too Fussy block is 9-patch block with a large center square that is a perfect spot for fussy cutting, perhaps centering a fabric motif or using a photograph

More information

Trees Table Topper. These are bare-bone directions, assuming that you know the basics in quiltmaking.

Trees Table Topper. These are bare-bone directions, assuming that you know the basics in quiltmaking. Trees Table Topper Pinwheel Corner Flying Geese Border Candy Stripe Border Candy Cane Lane These are bare-bone directions, assuming that you know the basics in quiltmaking. The trees are made using the

More information

ZIG ZAG SET LAP QUILT Skill Level: Beginner

ZIG ZAG SET LAP QUILT Skill Level: Beginner ZIG ZAG SET LAP QUILT Skill Level: Beginner Designed By Alexandra Henry Make this easy to sew, but beautiful quilt using a focal print for the 10 blocks set on point. The zig zag is created by using two

More information

MembersOnly Club Block of the Month October 2011

MembersOnly Club Block of the Month October 2011 MembersOnly Club Block of the Month October 2011 Presented by Deirdre Hallett of Hallett House Designs Sponsored by Oregon Patchworks, Inc. Welcome to the tenth installment of my Block of the Month series

More information

NORFOLK FLOWERS. Blue Main Cut 8 strips 7½" x WOF for Border 2. Green Border Cut 7 strips 21/2" x WOF for Border 1.

NORFOLK FLOWERS. Blue Main Cut 8 strips 7½ x WOF for Border 2. Green Border Cut 7 strips 21/2 x WOF for Border 1. FINISHED QUILT SIZE 69" x 857/8" Finished Block Size 12" x 12" Measurements include ¼" seam allowance. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated. Please check our website www.pennyrosefabrics.com

More information

The red line is just showing you my sewing line.

The red line is just showing you my sewing line. Crooked Stars These won t be the most perfect stars you ve ever made, but that is what makes this an enjoyable project. Whether scrappy or planned, this is a quick, easy and fun project. These stars can

More information

Q.U.I.L.T.S. 30th Anniversary Block of the Month

Q.U.I.L.T.S. 30th Anniversary Block of the Month Box Quilt Pieced 12 x 12 finished size Though it looks more complicated, the Box Quilt block is a simple block to make of strips, squares and halfsquare triangles. It uses light and dark values for a 3-dimentional

More information

Sondalo Table Runner

Sondalo Table Runner www.fabriceditions.com Sondalo Table Runner Finished Size: 14½" x 54½" Supp lies Needed 2 Fabric Palette Sondalo Fat Quarter Bundles (18" x 21") (10 different designs) 16" x 56" Low-loft batting 17" x

More information

Primo Plaids Bedding Ensemble

Primo Plaids Bedding Ensemble Primo Plaids Bedding Ensemble Fabric by Marcus Fabrics HARVEST CHRISTMAS BLUES www.marcusfabrics.com #makeitwithmarcusfabrics J355-0113 Primo Plaids Bedding Ensemble PAGE 3 of 5 Block Assembly 1. Place

More information

OCEAN WAVES Free Quilt Pattern Scrappy and 2-Color Quilt Directions Cindy Carter 2009

OCEAN WAVES Free Quilt Pattern Scrappy and 2-Color Quilt Directions Cindy Carter 2009 OCEAN WAVES Free Quilt Pattern Scrappy and 2-Color Quilt Directions Cindy Carter 2009 http://carterquilter.wordpress.com/ Cindy Carter 2009 Ocean Waves 1 Copyright Information I have created all of my

More information

central park block

central park block central park block www.wholecirclestudio.com materials To make one 12½ x12½ Block: Green fabric: 5½" x 9" piece Black fabric: 12" x 22" piece (Fat Quarter) White fabric: 12" x 22" piece Depending on your

More information

Quilt Basics - Piecing Quilt Blocks by Machine Part 4B of 5

Quilt Basics - Piecing Quilt Blocks by Machine Part 4B of 5 Published on Sew4Home Quilt Basics - Piecing Quilt Blocks by Machine Part 4B of 5 Editor: Liz Johnson Thursday, 21 March 2013 1:00 We're back for the second half of our piecing tutorial part Four of our

More information

The Mighty Half-square Triangle

The Mighty Half-square Triangle The Mighty Half-square Triangle Six different ways to make HSTs, with size options One of the most frequently used components in pieced blocks is the Halfsquare Triangle (HST). These are squares made up

More information

Compassion st in a Series Finished Quilt: 63"x70" Benefitting the National Multiple Sclerosis Society

Compassion st in a Series Finished Quilt: 63x70 Benefitting the National Multiple Sclerosis Society Collection for a Cause Compassion 1850-1860 (Howard arcus) 21 st in a Series Finished Quilt: 63"x70" Benefitting the National ultiple Sclerosis Society Compassion Collection for a Cause 1850-1860 Finished

More information

BIG Bucket Tote Skill Level: Beginner

BIG Bucket Tote Skill Level: Beginner BIG Bucket Tote Skill Level: Beginner Designed By Jennifer Mathis Sewn By Jennifer Mathis www.ellisonlane.blogspot.com Sometimes you just need a really BIG bag! This colorful tote has room for everything

More information

Harvest Block 2019 aurifil designer block of the month

Harvest Block 2019 aurifil designer block of the month D OWN GRAPEVI NE LA NE where sweet meets modern Harvest Block 2019 aurifil designer block of the month FREE PATTERN I designed this block as part of the 2019 Aurifil Designer Block of the Month programme.

More information

September Gliders. inspired by education programs at the National Quilt Museum

September Gliders. inspired by education programs at the National Quilt Museum September 2018 Gliders inspired by education programs at the National Quilt Museum Page 2 Inspiration Education Programs The National Quilt Museum works to advance the art of today s quilters by bringing

More information

Finished Size: 60 x70

Finished Size: 60 x70 Finished Size: 60 x70 Finished Size: 60" x 70" Finished Block Size: 10" x 10" Cutting Label pieces as they are cut Quilters Basics Read instructions before beginning a project. All instructions include

More information

Falling Flakes Stocking Skill Level: Beginner

Falling Flakes Stocking Skill Level: Beginner Falling Flakes Stocking Skill Level: Beginner Designed By Rachael Gander Sewn By Rachael Gander www.imaginegnats.com Use the quilt-as-you-go method to create this festive stocking. This stocking is fast

More information

Elegant Oasis Quilt by Karen O Connor a Lady K Quilts Design

Elegant Oasis Quilt by Karen O Connor a Lady K Quilts Design Elegant Oasis Quilt by Karen O Connor a Lady K Quilts Design Cutting Instructions for 1 block (repeat if making multiple blocks) Focus Fabric Cut (4) 13 7/8 x 4 ¾ rectangles Accent Fabric Cut (6) 4 ¼ x

More information

Designed by Red Pepper Quilts

Designed by Red Pepper Quilts Just TANGLED Kisses Designed by Red Pepper Quilts www.redpepperquilts.com Featuring Simple machine piecing using traditional patchwork techniques and blocks to make a unique and modern quilt. Finished

More information

Fan Favorite. Simply Charming. Embroidery & P atchwork Revisited. Class Kit

Fan Favorite. Simply Charming. Embroidery & P atchwork Revisited. Class Kit Dear Shop Owners, The Fan Favorite 9" x 9" quilt is a great way to introduce your customers to Embroidery & Patchwork Revisited and the art of embroidery. A simply pieced 7-blade fan is the foundation

More information

Forest Row Quilt. Quilt design & instructions copyright Tamara Kate Designs

Forest Row Quilt. Quilt design & instructions copyright Tamara Kate Designs Quilt design & instructions copyright Tamara Kate Designs www.kayajoydesigns.com Finished Quilt Size: 54 x 80 Fabric Requirements Skill Level: Beginner DC7727 Dusk INTO THE WOODS 1/2 yard DC7728 Fog WOODLANSD

More information

Still Life Elegance Quilt by Stacey Day

Still Life Elegance Quilt by Stacey Day Elegance Quilt by Stacey Day Table Runner, Placemat & Mug Rug by Larene Smith Elegance Quilt by Stacey Day featuring the Still Life collection by P&B Textiles Quilt Size: 61 square Yardage Fabric A SLIF

More information

HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW Quilt

HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW Quilt HOW DOS YOUR GARDN GROW Quilt Size: 54 W x 66 H Designed by: Heidi Pridemore Level: Intermediate Free Pattern available on michaelmillerfabrics.com Materials "How Does Your Garden Grow" Quilt by Heidi

More information

Halloween Candy Bowl Skill Level: Beginner

Halloween Candy Bowl Skill Level: Beginner Halloween Candy Bowl Skill Level: Beginner Designed By Marni Weaver Sewn By Marni Weaver www.haberdasheryfun.com It s the season for ghost and goblins. Make this spooky Halloween candy bowl in just a few

More information

I See Spots Quilt. Want a smaller project? Scale down the quilt to a lap size or simply make a pillow. 80" x 88"

I See Spots Quilt. Want a smaller project? Scale down the quilt to a lap size or simply make a pillow. 80 x 88 I See Spots Quilt Create circles or spots without ever cutting a circle! How? Fusible interfacing is the key. Learn how to create this bed-sized quilt with the streamlined process of stitching circles

More information

Top 5 Favorite Free Sewing Patterns featuring a pattern from our friends at Riley Blake!

Top 5 Favorite Free Sewing Patterns featuring a pattern from our friends at Riley Blake! ALLFREESEWING Top 5 Favorite Free Sewing Patterns featuring a pattern from our friends at Riley Blake! 1 Top 5 Favorite Free Sewing Patterns Copyright 2017 by Prime Publishing LLC All rights reserved.

More information

VIRGINIA STAR QUILT Original design by Michelle Marvig

VIRGINIA STAR QUILT Original design by Michelle Marvig Original design by Michelle Marvig PG 2/5 Original design by Michelle Marvig Finished Quilt : 52in x 67in The fabric requirements is for making quilt as shown in photograph. Before cutting review placement

More information

"Spike" Template 17. Template 17 "Spike" Template 17. "Spike"

Spike Template 17. Template 17 Spike Template 17. Spike 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Cutting Note: Label pieces as they are cut. Finished Quilt 79" x79" Finished Block 9" x 9" Quilters Basics Read instructions before beginning a project. All instructions include a ¼" seam

More information

Project: Reversible Quilted Pillowcase

Project: Reversible Quilted Pillowcase Project: Reversible Quilted Pillowcase Pattern 65 FABRICS are from the Anything Goes collection by Ann Lauer for Benartex (benartex.com). of Meredith Corporation. Meredith Corporation 2017. All rights

More information

Candle Mats. Most of all have fun, and enjoy making candle mats with your embroidery machine!

Candle Mats. Most of all have fun, and enjoy making candle mats with your embroidery machine! Candle Mats Candle mats or sometimes known as Penny Rugs are a popular item for home decor. Traditionally, candle mats are handmade with wool for a folk art or primitive look. Lunch Box Quilts has created

More information

Spring Fling Quilt Skill Level: Beginner

Spring Fling Quilt Skill Level: Beginner Spring Fling Quilt Skill Level: Beginner Designed By Darlene Christopherson Sewn By Judy Steward The traditional cakestand block surrounds a center of easy to applique flowers and birds. This bright spring

More information