The 5.25 (5 ¼ ) square will be cut on diagonals to form 4 triangles as shown Cut your B square like this: Again cut the 5 ¼ block into four triangles

Size: px
Start display at page:

Download "The 5.25 (5 ¼ ) square will be cut on diagonals to form 4 triangles as shown Cut your B square like this: Again cut the 5 ¼ block into four triangles"

Transcription

1 Alabama Spinner Block by Gene Black An Alabama Artist For this block you will need three 10 layer cake squares. You should have a light, medium and dark square for good contrast. This will look best if the dark and medium blocks are in the same color family AND the third block is a different color. The alternate color will add POP to the visual impact of the block. The light color/value square will be called A. (Mine is Yellow) The medium color/value square will be called B. (Mine is a Medium Blue) The dark color/value square will be called C. (Mine is a Dark Blue.) (My medium value is somewhat light, but it is darker than the light value. You can check this by looking thru a red or green transparent sheet OR by setting your digital camera to black and white and taking a picture) I am including cutting directions because I found it tricky to get all the parts out of a ten inch square. Take your A square and cut it like this: (note 5.25 is the same as 5 ¼ ) artbygene.blogspot.com 1

2 The 5.25 (5 ¼ ) square will be cut on diagonals to form 4 triangles as shown Cut your B square like this: Again cut the 5 ¼ block into four triangles as you did with the A block. artbygene.blogspot.com 2

3 Cut your C block like this: Cut both 4 7/8 squares into triangles, like this: artbygene.blogspot.com 3

4 Piecing it together Sew the two A and C 2.5 by 5 inch strips together. Press then cut into 2.5 sub-units. You should get four that look similar to this: Sew these subunits to the B 2.5 by 4.5 strips. Be SURE to watch your color placement. The resulting unit should look like this: It is important that the A and C unit is attached as shown so that you can place the darks in the corners and your block spins correctly. Always refer to the picture of the finished block. Next join the small A and B triangles (again WATCH your color placement) They should look like this: artbygene.blogspot.com 4

5 Color B on the left, Color A on the right. Then join each of these to the C triangles. Your resulting unit should look like this: There are a couple of leftover pieces that will work for cutting your center circle. Note that you can leave out the center circle if you just refuse to do appliqué. I will understand as I rarely do appliqué myself. If you are familiar with appliqué you can do any method you prefer. Unless you had a cutting error, you should have leftover pieces of both B and C. You can use one of these for the circle OR you can even fussy cut a circle from another fabric to add a motif. (If you want to fuse the circle apply the fusible BEFORE you cut. The directions are not included for fusing.) Use a cup or glass as a template to draw the circle on your desired piece. I drew on the back so the lines wouldn t matter. However, if you are fussy cutting this is more difficult. Be sure that the circle is not too large for the 4 1/2 square you will be appliquéing it to. Smaller is better than too large. You don t want to have your circle going into the seam allowance. If you have small scissors with curved tips these are GREAT for cutting a circle. Once you have the circle cut, take the 4 1/2 A square and lightly fold it in half and then in half again and lightly score the center of the square with your thumbnail. Do the same with the circle and you can then easily place the circle right in the center of your square. artbygene.blogspot.com 5

6 I pin my circle onto the square with four pins. I place the pins in a square and leave room for my presser foot. The heads of two of the pins are in the lower right, but those pins cross each other. Draw the bobbin thread up first then sew with a zigzag, blanket stitch or even a straight stitch around the outer edge. Go slow and remember that you may have to stop, lift the presser foot, turn the fabric and then continue. Take your time! My machine will make a knot when I end so I use that feature. If yours doesn t, then sew backwards and then forward again to lock the stitches. See those loose ends where I pulled up the bobbin thread? I took those, tied a knot and threaded them in a hand needle and buried them between the layers. artbygene.blogspot.com 6

7 You should now have nine sub-units. Lay them out so you can see the complete block. Sew the square across into 3 rows, then join the rows. Press your block and pat yourself on the back! It looks GREAT! Here is a BIG picture of my block artbygene.blogspot.com 7

Practicing Basic Machine Operation Sample #1

Practicing Basic Machine Operation Sample #1 Practicing Basic Machine Operation Sample #1 Listed below are various tasks required in basic sewing machine operation. Demonstrate your ability to perform each task by creating a sample. The samples that

More information

Robbing Peter to Pay Paul Quilt

Robbing Peter to Pay Paul Quilt Quilt LeisureArtsLibrary.com #801472 Robbing Peter to Pay Paul Quilt Approx Size: 87" x 96" Click Here to sign up for the FREE Leisure Arts E-newsletters at www.leisurearts.com to receive free projects,

More information

Happy Hot Dogs. 52 x 52 Quilt (8 ½ blocks)

Happy Hot Dogs. 52 x 52 Quilt (8 ½ blocks) Happy Hot Dogs By 52 x 52 Quilt (8 ½ blocks) Cut 2 8 ½ strips white flower fabric, cut into 5 8 ½ squares Cut 1 8 ½ strip aqua flower fabric, cut into 4 8 ½ squares Cut 1 8 ½ strip white focal fabric,

More information

2016 Courtesy of Art Gallery Quilts LLC. All Rights Reserved.

2016 Courtesy of Art Gallery Quilts LLC. All Rights Reserved. ST YL E NAME 2016 Courtesy of Art Gallery Quilts LLC. All Rights Reserved. CONSTRUCTION Sew all rights sides together with ¼"seam allowance. Arrange the triangles together in rows. QUILT DESIGNED BY AGF

More information

Christmas Quilt. Skill Level: Easy. Created by: Diane Kron, Software and Embroidery Project Manager

Christmas Quilt. Skill Level: Easy. Created by: Diane Kron, Software and Embroidery Project Manager Christmas Quilt Each block in this quilt has only three seams and takes 10 minutes. With the use of the Baby Lock Jazz sewing and quilting machine you are on your way to create a quilt that you could snuggle

More information

Quilt Cushion

Quilt Cushion Quilt Cushion You need PFAFF Sewing Machine 21" x 44" (53 cm of 110 cm) wool tweed 6" x 44" (15 x 110 cm) dark lilac cotton 3" x 44" (8 x 110 cm) blue cotton 3" x 44" (8 x 110 cm) medium lilac cotton 7"

More information

Blossoms Free Pattern Approximately 62 x 81

Blossoms Free Pattern Approximately 62 x 81 Paper Pieces P.O. Box 68 Sycamore, IL 60178 Paper Pieces Precut Paper Shapes for English Paper Piecing 1-800-337-1537 US ONLY 1-815-899-0925 1-815-899-2900 Fax or Direct Line Blossoms Free Pattern Approximately

More information

Photo location courtesy of Judith Batty. McCallsQuilting.com McCall s Quick Quilts 1

Photo location courtesy of Judith Batty. McCallsQuilting.com McCall s Quick Quilts 1 Photo location courtesy of Judith atty. McCallsQuilting.com 017 McCall s Quick Quilts 1 Changing Lanes simple patches of color make this unusual quilt quick & colorful Designed and Sewn by Stephanie Sheridan

More information

Football Cornhole Bags

Football Cornhole Bags Football Cornhole Bags Skill level - Beginner/Easy By Lucy Fazely Technique: Applique Brand: Dual Duty XP Crafting time: An Evening Materials Dual Duty XP general purpose, colors #3690 Purple and #7540

More information

Quilt designed by Sue Harvey and Sandy Boobar of Pine Tree Country Quilts Yardages and Cutting

Quilt designed by Sue Harvey and Sandy Boobar of Pine Tree Country Quilts   Yardages and Cutting Fowl Play 54" x 60" Quilt designed by Sue Harvey and Sandy Boobar of Pine Tree Country Quilts www.pinetreecountryquilts.com Yardages and Cutting Note: WOF means width of fabric from selvage edge to selvage

More information

SINGER PROJECTS Sewing Machine Mat with Pockets PROJECT SKILL LEVEL:

SINGER PROJECTS Sewing Machine Mat with Pockets PROJECT SKILL LEVEL: SINGER PROJECTS Sewing Machine Mat with Pockets This handy sewing machine mat with pockets not only helps protect your table surface, it keeps your go-to notions right at your fingertips. The four pockets

More information

construction? I use a lot of construction terms. Hips and valleys comes from roofing actually. And there we go, just like that. Nice and easy, right?

construction? I use a lot of construction terms. Hips and valleys comes from roofing actually. And there we go, just like that. Nice and easy, right? Hey everybody, welcome back to Man Sewing. I m so glad you re following along. I ve got another fantastic quilt tutorial for you today. Now the reason I say it s fantastic is because I think I came up

More information

COUNTRY BLOCKS SAMPLER

COUNTRY BLOCKS SAMPLER COUNTRY LOCKS SAMPLER Finished Size: 53 x 73 Designed by Annis Clapp P112 P112 COUNTRY LOCKS SAMPLER General Instructions Complete instructions, full-size appliqué patterns and quilting templates are given

More information

Union Jack Variation Free Pattern Approximately 75-3/8 x 57

Union Jack Variation Free Pattern Approximately 75-3/8 x 57 Paper Pieces P.O. Box 68 Sycamore, IL 60178 Paper Pieces Precut Paper Shapes for English Paper Piecing 1-800-337-1537 US ONLY 1-815-899-0925 1-815-899-2900 Fax or Direct Line Union Jack Variation Free

More information

Creative Sewing. Quilt Block Pillow Instructions and Visual Aid

Creative Sewing. Quilt Block Pillow Instructions and Visual Aid Creative Sewing Quilt Block Pillow Instructions and Visual Aid 1. You will need (2) 3 wide strips of fabric that will coordinate well with a T-Shirt of your choice. Place the strips right sides together

More information

Double Wedding Ring Table Runner. Double Wedding Ring Table Runner. LITTLE RED JUG Designs by Susan Carr. Finished Size: 100cm x 45 cm

Double Wedding Ring Table Runner. Double Wedding Ring Table Runner. LITTLE RED JUG Designs by Susan Carr. Finished Size: 100cm x 45 cm Double Wedding Ring Table Runner Finished Size: 100cm x 45 cm 30cm Centre - Main Fabric. More required if fussy cutting 30cm Melon sections - Secondary fabric (May be the same as for the centres) 30cm

More information

Creative Living with Sheryl Borden 6100 Series. Sewing & Fashion - Section I

Creative Living with Sheryl Borden 6100 Series. Sewing & Fashion - Section I Creative Living with Sheryl Borden 6100 Series Sewing & Fashion - Section I Table of Contents Sewing & Fashion It s Hip to Be Square...I-3 Whirlin Dervish...I-3 Crayon Rolls...I-4 An Easy Way to Draw a

More information

Custon Kitchen Hand Towels

Custon Kitchen Hand Towels Technique: Piecing Custon Kitchen Hand Towels Brand: Crafting time: Coats Cotton An Evening Skill level - Beginner/Easy Materials Coats Cotton Covered Quilting and Piecing Thread in colors that coordinate

More information

Abundant Textures. Sewing Supplies: Cut: By Marsha Kirsch

Abundant Textures. Sewing Supplies: Cut: By Marsha Kirsch Abundant Textures By Marsha Kirsch Achieve the look of luxury when you combine multiple textured elements with embroidery. Make a beautiful accent pillow for the home. Your PFAFF sewing and embroidery

More information

Finished Size 72"x 85" Jinglesflannels. Minick & Simpson

Finished Size 72x 85 Jinglesflannels. Minick & Simpson Finished Size 72"x 85" Jinglesflannels Minick & Simpson Jinglesflannels Minick & Simpson Fabric utting For blocks: from H of 4 reds cut: 5 5"x WOF subcut 9 5"x 22" strips from H of 2 golds cut: 3 5"x 22"

More information

Sawtooth Star Ornament with Applique Center

Sawtooth Star Ornament with Applique Center Sawtooth Star Ornament with Applique Center Sawtooth Star with Applique Center Ornament/2 To make one Sawtooth Star Ornament with Applique Center you will need: 8 square of White or light colored background

More information

set; press. Repeat to make 17 strip sets. Cut each strip set into 8 (21/2" x 41/2") B segments as shown in Figure 1.

set; press. Repeat to make 17 strip sets. Cut each strip set into 8 (21/2 x 41/2) B segments as shown in Figure 1. DESIGN BY SUE HARVEY Posy Patch Frayed edges form the petals in this garden of pastel posies. SPECIFICATIONS Skill Level: Confident Beginner Quilt Size: 56" x 72" Block Size: 8" x 8" Number of Blocks:

More information

Encircled Throw Quilt Pattern

Encircled Throw Quilt Pattern Pattern Instructions Encircled Throw Quilt Pattern Geometrics are a favorite with quilters, with circles being a coveted favorite. This charming quilt pattern is designed to work with the Circles Sew Simple

More information

Charmed. Finished Size 48 x 60 Finshed Block 9

Charmed. Finished Size 48 x 60 Finshed Block 9 Charmed Finished Size 48 x 60 Finshed Block 9 Materials Needed: 3 1/2 yards of the brown floral (8786-9), for blocks and backing 1 1/4 yards of the brown stripe (8792-9) 1 1/4 yards of the pink butterfly

More information

mario block plush a sewing pattern by

mario block plush a sewing pattern by mario block plush a sewing pattern by mario block plush difficulty: This plush was of course inspired by the? block from the various Super Mario games. It s a simple cube done up with the details to make

More information

featuring REVERIE COLLECTION AGF STUDIO

featuring REVERIE COLLECTION AGF STUDIO featuring REVERIE FREE PATTERN COLLECTION BY AGF STUDIO QUILT DESIGNED BY AGF STUDIO FABRICS DESIGNED BY AGF STUDIO FUS-R-800 SPRAYED BLOOMS REVERIE FUS-R-801 + YOUR HEART REVERIE FUS-R-802 FLORAL FROLIC

More information

GO! Qube 12" Laura s Kitty Quilt Finished Size: 40" x 46"

GO! Qube 12 Laura s Kitty Quilt Finished Size: 40 x 46 GO! Qube 12" Laura s Kitty Quilt Finished Size: 40" x 46" Fabrics are Little House on the Prairie Mansfield & Prairie Icons and provided by Andover Fabrics A charm pack of the Mansfield Collection, 3/4

More information

Sashiko Autumn Leaves Wool Quilt

Sashiko Autumn Leaves Wool Quilt Sashiko Autumn Leaves Wool Quilt Transform richly colored wool, into a beautiful and warm autumn lap quilt. Use the Baby Lock Sashiko Machine to achieve the look of hand quilting. Skill Level: Beginner

More information

Fair Isles Winter Block 10

Fair Isles Winter Block 10 Fair sles Winter Block 10 Fair sles Block of the onth 255 Winter Sky 12 x 12 (12-1/2 unfinished) Foundation Pieced Pattern by orning lory esigns Cutting List: This block is foundation pieced. The patches

More information

{ FEATURING PARADISE COLLECTION}

{ FEATURING PARADISE COLLECTION} { FEATURING PARADISE COLLECTION} F R E E P R O J E C T S H E E T DESIGNED WITH LOVE BY DESIGNED WITH LOVE BY FABRICS DESIGNED BY PATRICIA BRAVO for ART GALLERY FABRICS Finished Size: 56.5" by 64.5" Block

More information

featuring LETTERS COLLECTION BY AGF STUDIO Signage FREE PATTERN

featuring LETTERS COLLECTION BY AGF STUDIO Signage FREE PATTERN featuring LETTERS COLLECTION BY AGF STUDIO Signage FREE PATTERN Signage QUILT DESIGNED BY AGF STUDIO FABRICS DESIGNED BY AGF STUDIO CAP-L-3000 ROSES & LETTERS CAP-L-3001 LOVE PUZZLE CAP-L-3002 XOXOXO CAP-L-3003

More information

Projects. Tooth Fairy Pillow

Projects. Tooth Fairy Pillow Projects Tooth Fairy Pillow Tooth Fairy Patchwork Pillow This adorable Tooth Fairy pillow is easy to make and will be a memento for you and your little one to cherish for a lifetime! Created by: Tori Thompson,

More information

Easy Doll Blanket Pattern Courtesy of A Jot and A Journal

Easy Doll Blanket Pattern Courtesy of A Jot and A Journal Easy Doll Blanket Pattern Courtesy of A Jot and A Journal Every special little girl in your life will enjoy wrapping her favorite doll in this cozy blanket custom made just for her. This quick and easy

More information

Cuddles the Hexi-Turtle

Cuddles the Hexi-Turtle Cuddles the Hexi-Turtle Created by: Kelley McKenzie, Freelance Educational Coordinator Quilts are not the only thing that showcase hexagonal cuts! Bring some stylish fun into your child s play area with

More information

- OUR TOP TIPS - Seam allowance is 1.5cm or 5/8 unless otherwise stated. Use the markings on the base of your machine to help you keep to this.

- OUR TOP TIPS - Seam allowance is 1.5cm or 5/8 unless otherwise stated. Use the markings on the base of your machine to help you keep to this. - OUR TOP TIPS - Always check the size chart to work out which size is best suited to you. Sew Over It patterns tend to have less ease than other patterns as most of the designs are intended to have a

More information

Cozy Camping 56" SQUARE QUILT DESIGNED BY RACHEL SHELBURNE ROAM SWEET HOME FABRIC COLLECTION BY KRIS LAMMERS

Cozy Camping 56 SQUARE QUILT DESIGNED BY RACHEL SHELBURNE ROAM SWEET HOME FABRIC COLLECTION BY KRIS LAMMERS Cozy Camping 56" SQUARE QUILT DESIGNED BY RACHEL SHELBURNE ROAM SWEET HOME FABRIC COLLECTION BY KRIS LAMMERS Alternate Paper Templates (for use in lieu of suggested tool) long edge of fabric strip 41/2"

More information

This is an original pattern not intended for sale.

This is an original pattern not intended for sale. I enjoy taking classic patterns and giving them a contemporary feel. I ve always admired orange peel quilts, and came up with a design for a lap quilt using two charm packs and machine appliqué. The gentle

More information

Crescendo Pin Wheel Quilt

Crescendo Pin Wheel Quilt Crescendo Pin Wheel Quilt Pinwheel quilts are the perfect example of a quilt pattern inspired by a real object. Whimsical and decorative, pinwheel quilts create gorgeous motifs that any quilter will love.

More information

Clothing Construction I Samples Packet

Clothing Construction I Samples Packet Clothing Construction I Samples Packet Name Objectives: 1. To identify how to use and care for the sewing machine and tools. (#1 & #2) 2. Demonstrate how to use a variety of stitches and presser feet.

More information

yoshi egg potholder a sewing pattern by

yoshi egg potholder a sewing pattern by yoshi egg potholder a sewing pattern by yoshi egg potholder These rounded potholders were inspired by the eggs laid by the character Yoshi from the Super Mario video games. They feature a bias bound edge

More information

Fashion Show. The Dress by Laura Heine

Fashion Show. The Dress by Laura Heine Featuring The Dress by Laura Heine This whimsical print is framed in pastel prints to showcase its sweetness. Who hasn t had the dress in their lifetime the one you love and wear frequently? Collection:

More information

Artsy Bag. materials and tools. materials and tools

Artsy Bag. materials and tools. materials and tools materials and tools Created by Pat Bravo materials and tools ½ yard of main fabric* ½ yard of lining fabric* Pink, yellow, and blue fabric scraps* ½ yard of quilt batting 10 square of non-woven, ultralightweight

More information

Ladybug. Fly Away Home quilt designed by Leigh Headington. Finished quilt: " x " Finished block: 12" square

Ladybug. Fly Away Home quilt designed by Leigh Headington. Finished quilt:  x  Finished block: 12 square Ladybug Fly Away Home quilt designed by Leigh Headington Finished quilt: 64 1 2" x 76 1 2" Finished block: 12" square Fabric Requirements 3/8 yard Dot-C1820 Red 1/4 yard Fun-C3851 Black 1/4 yard Fun-C3851

More information

Original Recipe can be found at

Original Recipe can be found at Original Recipe Hi there! It's Casey from Casey York Design and Studioloblog.wordpress.com, and I'm back to share the pattern for my Type Geek pillows. I am a self-professed type geek, myself, so I couldn't

More information

FREE PATTERN. featuring ETHEREAL COLLECTION BY AGF STUDIO

FREE PATTERN. featuring ETHEREAL COLLECTION BY AGF STUDIO FREE PATTERN featuring ETHEREAL COLLECTION BY AGF STUDIO QUILT DESIGNED BY AGF STUDIO FABRICS DESIGNED BY AGF STUDIO FUS-E-100 WILD POSY ETHEREAL FUS-E-101 TEENSY WEENSY ETHEREAL FUS-E-102 MILLEFIORI ETHEREAL

More information

Original Recipe. Glace Forever Quilt by Nicole Willmore

Original Recipe. Glace Forever Quilt by Nicole Willmore Original Recipe Glace Forever Quilt by Nicole Willmore I'm super excited to be posting here again at the Moda Bake Shop; I've really missed it. The name of this quilt is fitting on more ways than one,

More information

gunter plush a sewing pattern by

gunter plush a sewing pattern by a sewing pattern by gunter plush This project is a huggable little plush made to look like Gunter, the mischievous little penguin and the Ice King s buddy from Adventure Time. It features little wings

More information

A simple strip-pieced large center block turned on point with triangle corners makes for a quick yet sophisticated wall quilt. seams toward E.

A simple strip-pieced large center block turned on point with triangle corners makes for a quick yet sophisticated wall quilt. seams toward E. the man cave DESIGN BY TRICIA LYNN MALONEY A simple strip-pieced large center block turned on point with triangle corners makes for a quick yet sophisticated wall quilt. SPECIFICATIONS Skill Level: Confident

More information

Project #4: Tooth Fairy Pillow

Project #4: Tooth Fairy Pillow Project #4: Tooth Fairy Pillow This is the 4 th project in our Get Kids Sewing Series with SINGER and SkipToMyLou.org. The tooth fairy will always find you with your own special pillow! Choose your favorite

More information

featuring WOODLANDS COLLECTION AGF STUDIO

featuring WOODLANDS COLLECTION AGF STUDIO featuring WOODLANDS FREE PATTERN COLLECTION BY AGF STUDIO QUILT DESIGNED BY AGF STUDIO FABRICS DESIGNED BY AGF STUDIO FUS-W-600 PARADIS WOODLANDS FUS-W-601 WREATHED WOODLANDS FUS-W-602 BUCK FOREST WOODLANDS

More information

Holiday Holly in 3-D A Wallhanging Ellen O. Designs for Sulky of America

Holiday Holly in 3-D A Wallhanging Ellen O. Designs for Sulky of America A Wallhanging Ellen O. Designs for Sulky of America What We Used WHAT FABRICS WE USED: Cotton Fabrics 42 to 44 (Image 1) Dark green 1/2 yard Medium green 1/4 yard Light green 1/4 yard Christmas/Holiday

More information

SMILE AND STAND TALL By Suzan Pons

SMILE AND STAND TALL By Suzan Pons SMILE AND STAND TALL By Suzan Pons Size: 44 x 50 Main Fabric: about 40 assorted strips of batik fabric 2 ½ inches x 44 inches Inner Border: about 10 inches of contrasting fabric, WOF Side borders are 1

More information

Morning Glory Designs

Morning Glory Designs lock 6 Dresden Fan Flower 2018 lock of the Month MGD 270 Starburst lossoms OM lock 6: Dresden Fan Flowers lock size: 16 square (finished) Pieced background and appliqued flower wreath Copyright 2018, all

More information

Getting to Know: Model BL30A. A-Line Series. Baby Lock Consumer Helpline:

Getting to Know: Model BL30A. A-Line Series. Baby Lock Consumer Helpline: Getting to Know: A-Line Series Model BL30A Baby Lock Consumer Helpline: 800-33-40 www.babylock.com Model BL30A Molly loves her DIY, individual style, and she always encourages you to add your own touch.

More information

Jack O Lantern Bag. Our bag is 10 inches wide x 7 inches high and is 2 inches deep.

Jack O Lantern Bag. Our bag is 10 inches wide x 7 inches high and is 2 inches deep. Jack O Lantern Bag With Halloween just around the corner, take an hour to whip up our fun Jack O Lantern trick or treating bag. This small bag is both quick and easy to put together, and this charming

More information

125 th Anniversary Quilt. Celebrating the BERNINA 125 th Anniversary!

125 th Anniversary Quilt. Celebrating the BERNINA 125 th Anniversary! 125 th Anniversary Quilt Celebrating the BERNINA 125 th Anniversary! : fabrics Fabric A: 5490M-33 Paisley Gold 1-5/8 yards Fabric B: Binding 5494M-07 1/2 yard Fabric G: 5490-07 highlights only for embroidered

More information

Monogrammed MAKE IT PERSONAL

Monogrammed MAKE IT PERSONAL You ll Need: Tee-shirt (make sure it does not have a pocket) 8-inch square of cotton fabric for pocket 8-inch square of woven fusible interfacing (I use Pellon Shape-Flex) Pre-fused laser-cut fabric monogram*

More information

2018 Block of the Month

2018 Block of the Month 2018 Block of the Month Month 1 Block: Red Roses Block size: 16 square (finished) Pieced background and appliqued flower wreath Copyright 2018 Morning Glory Designs, all rights reserved Fabric 1: Red =

More information

Let s get started! You will need the following to create your Felt Steak:

Let s get started! You will need the following to create your Felt Steak: Wool felt will wear better and last longer. If you re creating something that you d like to pass down from child to child, wool felt is best. If you plan to use wool felt, you may want to first practice

More information

f e a t u r i n g C a M p S I t e C O L L E C T I O N B Y a G f S t U D I O f r e e p a t t e r n

f e a t u r i n g C a M p S I t e C O L L E C T I O N B Y a G f S t U D I O f r e e p a t t e r n free pattern featuring CAMPSITE COLLECTION BY AGF STUDIO QUILT DESIGNED BY AGF STUDIO FABRICS DESIGNED BY AGF STUDIO CAP-C-9000 Sneaky Little Foxes CAP-C-9001 Camping Stories CAP-C-9002 Wild Gatherings

More information

Bee #2 - Tea Cozy. ** All seam allowances are ¼. ** To avoid dull or broken needles, always remove pins while sewing.

Bee #2 - Tea Cozy. ** All seam allowances are ¼. ** To avoid dull or broken needles, always remove pins while sewing. How do you keep your last cup of tea as piping hot as the first? Follow these instructions to make a decorative and practical tea cozy. This Bee includes all of the instructions, supply list and 4 beautiful

More information

Diamonds are a Quilter s Best Friend 2018 Mystery Quilt

Diamonds are a Quilter s Best Friend 2018 Mystery Quilt 2018 Mystery Quilt Layer Cake? Do you, like me, have a few layer cakes in your stash? Do you take them out and pet them every so often? Well, it s time to dig one out! This year s Mystery Quilt is based

More information

skeleton tie a sewing pattern by

skeleton tie a sewing pattern by skeleton tie a sewing pattern by skeleton tie sewing tutorial skeleton tie This project on its own is just a basic tie, simplified to be an easy costume piece. The optional applique makes it look just

More information

Panel Place Mats with Large Motif Fabric

Panel Place Mats with Large Motif Fabric Published on Sew4Home Panel Place Mats with Large Motif Fabric Editor: Liz Johnson Monday, 08 January 2018 1:00 By emphasizing a large motif and using a contrasting fabric for the borders, this place mat

More information

My Sunflower Garden Quilt 1

My Sunflower Garden Quilt 1 My Sunflower Garden Quilt 1 by Denise Russell Quilt size: 72 x 92 - Pillow size: 20 x 32 Skill Level: Intermediate 49 West 37th Street New York, NY 10018 Tel: 212-686-5194 - Fax: 212-532-3525 Toll Free:

More information

Alternating Four Patch Quilt: 43 x 51 inches 20 blocks, 8 inch finished

Alternating Four Patch Quilt: 43 x 51 inches 20 blocks, 8 inch finished Free Pattern by Shirley Sandoz of Mystery Bay Quilt Design www.mysterybayquiltdesign.com or email shirley@mysterybayquiltdesign.com Alternating Four Patch Quilt: 43 x 51 inches 20 blocks, 8 inch finished

More information

energy tank cup sleeve a sewing pattern by

energy tank cup sleeve a sewing pattern by energy tank cup sleeve a sewing pattern by energy tank cup sleeve This project is inspired by the Megaman video games, and is made to look like the energy tank one collects in the games. What better place

More information

Retro Pop-Up Pine Pillow

Retro Pop-Up Pine Pillow Retro Pop-Up Pine Pillow Give your holiday décor some retro flair with this retro pop-up pine pillow. This pillow features our exclusive dimensional stitch technique - pop-up stitches - currently available

More information

Morning Glory Designs

Morning Glory Designs lock 7 Two Roses 2018 lock of the Month MGD 270 Starburst lossoms OM lock 7: Two Roses lock size: 16 square (finished) Pieced background and appliqued flower wreath Copyright 2018, all rights reserved

More information

free pattern featuring aligned COLLECTION BY AGF STUDIO

free pattern featuring aligned COLLECTION BY AGF STUDIO free pattern featuring aligned COLLECTION BY AGF STUDIO QUILT DESIGNED BY AGF STUDIO FABRICS DESIGNED BY AGF STUDIO CAP-A-7000 Interconnected CAP-A-7001 Slanted CAP-A-7002 Hyphenated CAP-A-7003 Lineup

More information

Royal Purple Blossoms

Royal Purple Blossoms Royal Purple Blossoms The cutwork and colors of this mat have a distinctly Oriental flair. Project Specifications Skill Level: Beginner Candle Mat Size: 17" diameter Fabric & Batting Fat quarter of light

More information

featuring DARE COLLECTION BY PAT BRAVO FREE PATTERN

featuring DARE COLLECTION BY PAT BRAVO FREE PATTERN featuring DARE COLLECTION BY PAT BRAVO FREE PATTERN FABRICS DESIGNED BY PAT BRAVO DARE TO BE BOLD DAR-54300 BRAVE BLOOMED FIRM DAR-54301 WAFTING PLAID TRACED DAR-54302 TWIRLING IDEAS PUNCH DAR-54303 A

More information

featuring PINE LULLABY

featuring PINE LULLABY featuring PINE LULLABY FREE PATTERN COLLECTION BY ART GALLERY FABRICS QUILT DESIGNED BY AGF STUDIO COLOR OPTION FABRICS DESIGNED BY AGF STUDIO KC-1300 FURRIES COOL KC-1301 SNUGGERY BREEZE KC-1302 LOBLOLLY

More information

Kimono Collection MATERIALS. Finished quilt size CUTTING

Kimono Collection MATERIALS. Finished quilt size CUTTING Kimono Collection Colourful Japanese fabrics take the place of traditional paper in these tiny origami kimonos and a simple nine-patch quilt shows them off to perfection. MATERIALS Nine pieces of assorted

More information

Sasha Sundress, Knickers, Bolero & Flip-flops

Sasha Sundress, Knickers, Bolero & Flip-flops Sasha Sundress, Knickers, Bolero & Flip-flops Materials: 0.5 metre Cotton Fabric 0.25 metre fabric for lining Bolero 0.5 metre 1/4 wide elastic for Waist and legs 2 Snap Fasteners Small Beads or Sequins

More information

SEASCAPES. Extra supplies needed: freezer paper, a fabric glue stick and liquid fabric glue, such as Roxanne's.

SEASCAPES. Extra supplies needed: freezer paper, a fabric glue stick and liquid fabric glue, such as Roxanne's. SEASCAPES Quilt design by Linda Finch featuring the Seascape by Punch Studio collection produced by Hoffman California Fabrics Finished quilt size = 54 x 65½" Skill level: Intermediate/Experienced Extra

More information

Harmony Rose by Susan Edmonson

Harmony Rose by Susan Edmonson Harmony Rose by Susan Edmonson 44" x 52" Harmony Roseby Harmony Rose Collection Featuring fabrics from the by for by Materials E60-1385-TAN E60-1386-TAN E60-1387-GRAY E60-1388-TAN E60-1389-RED E60-1390-RED

More information

Once Upon a Time Finished Quilt Size 40" x 50" Featuring fabrics from the Once Upon a Time collection by Racoon Illustration for Fabric Requirements Once Upon a Time 7243-55...1 panel 7261-66... 3 8 yard

More information

Ruffle Bunnies: Fun Appliqué Kitchen Towels

Ruffle Bunnies: Fun Appliqué Kitchen Towels Published on Sew4Home Ruffle Bunnies: Fun Appliqué Kitchen Towels Editor: Liz Johnson Monday, 06 March 2017 1:00 These kitchen towel Ruffle Bunnies are ready to hop-to-it and help with your dish drying.

More information

Nature's Studio Checkerboard Flowers

Nature's Studio Checkerboard Flowers By Larisa Key Finished Quilt Size: 68" x 79", Finished Block Size: 11" x 11" Classic Cottons Nature's Studio Fabrics - Style #3644 MATERIALS Yardage is based on 42" wide useable fabric 1-7/8 yd. of white

More information

Christmas Stocking 1. The finished size is 17.5 long from top of folded cuff to toe, 21.5 unfolded, and 6.5 wide.

Christmas Stocking 1. The finished size is 17.5 long from top of folded cuff to toe, 21.5 unfolded, and 6.5 wide. Christmas Stocking 1 The finished size is 17.5 long from top of folded cuff to toe, 21.5 unfolded, and 6.5 wide. For each stocking you ll need: 2 outside pieces 2 lining pieces 2 cuff pieces 1 6 piece

More information

Jazz. windhamfabrics.com Designed by Diane Nagle Featuring Opus by Whistler Studios FREE PROJECT

Jazz. windhamfabrics.com Designed by Diane Nagle Featuring Opus by Whistler Studios FREE PROJECT 11.01.18 windhamfabrics.com Designed by Diane Nagle Featuring Opus by Whistler Studios size: 40 x 48 FREE PROJECT this is a digital representation of the quilt top, fabric may vary. please note: before

More information

Superhero Cape + Mask

Superhero Cape + Mask Superhero Cape + Mask By Joanna Marsh If you re looking for a fun project to sew for your little ones, this is it! Make a superhero set for each kiddo in your life with their favorite colors and they ll

More information

Fox Fun Mug Rug H I J. Figure 1

Fox Fun Mug Rug H I J. Figure 1 one day only DESIGN BY JOANNA WILCZYNSKA Fox Fun Mug Rug Good things come in small packages. Create a cute coaster that may end up on a wall instead. ScRap- FRIENDLY PROJECT SPECIFICATIONS Skill Level:

More information

GO! Qube 8" Patchwork Portfolio Finished Size: Open 28" x 12½"; Closed 9¾" x 12½"

GO! Qube 8 Patchwork Portfolio Finished Size: Open 28 x 12½; Closed 9¾ x 12½ GO! Qube 8" Patchwork Portfolio Finished Size: Open 28" x 12½"; Closed 9¾" x 12½" For use with GO! Qube Mix & Match 8" Block (55776) Fabrics are from the Soho Solids and Pop Basics Collection and are provided

More information

Requirements. Friendship Quilt Amanda Herring Designs 1

Requirements. Friendship Quilt Amanda Herring Designs 1 Requirements Fabric Yardage Sku Fabric Name A FQ C7245-AQUA Hello Lovely - Dots, Aqua B FQ C7245-PINK Hello Lovely - Dots, Pink C 14 x 10 C7245-WHITE Hello Lovely - Dots, White D 14 x 10 C7240-AQUA Hello

More information

featuring LAMBKIN COLLECTION BONNIE CHRISTINE

featuring LAMBKIN COLLECTION BONNIE CHRISTINE featuring LAMBKIN FREE PATTERN COLLECTION BY BONNIE CHRISTINE Q U I LT D E S I G N E D B Y B O N N I E C H R I S T I N E A N D M A X I E M A K E S "OATS" COLOR VARIATION THISTLE FA B R I CS D ES I G N

More information

Fabric Preparation: At the Computer: 1. Fabric A - (Print) Cut Five - 2½ x 32 strips (to be embroidered) Cut One - 26 x 32 (Back)

Fabric Preparation: At the Computer: 1. Fabric A - (Print) Cut Five - 2½ x 32 strips (to be embroidered) Cut One - 26 x 32 (Back) Fabric Preparation: 1. Fabric A - (Print) Cut Five - 2½ x 32 strips (to be embroidered) Cut One - 26 x 32 (Back) Cut Four - 2 x 44 (Binding and Ties) Fabric B - (Solid) Batting - Cut Four - 8 x 44 Cut

More information

Lone Star Quilt from a Jelly Roll. Written by Donna Jordan for Jordan Fabrics Finished Size: 58 x 74

Lone Star Quilt from a Jelly Roll. Written by Donna Jordan for Jordan Fabrics Finished Size: 58 x 74 Lone Star Quilt from a Jelly Roll Written by Donna Jordan for Jordan Fabrics Finished Size: 58 x 74 Required Materials: 36 2 ½ Strips WOF Background and border: 3 ½ yards Binding: 5 /8 yard Backing: 3

More information

Flight of the Geisha Quilt

Flight of the Geisha Quilt Flight of the Geisha Quilt 50 x 55 by Joyce Mullis featuring fabric from Asian Collection by Alfred Shaheen Flight of the Geisha Designed, constructed & quilted by Joyce Mullis Supplies: Rotary cutter,

More information

Bella! Finished Quilt Size 43" x 43" Featuring fabrics from the Bella Flora collection by Project Fabric Requirements 1550-33... 5 8 Yard 1551-66... 1 8 Yard 1552-33... ½ Yard 1553-33... ½ Yard 1554-33...

More information

featuring BACHELORETTE

featuring BACHELORETTE featuring BACHELORETTE COLLECTION BY FREE PATTERN AGF STUDIO Q U I LT D E S I G N E D B Y A G F S T U D I O FA B R I C S D ES I G N E D BY AG F S T U D I O FUS-BC-500 GARDEN ROCKET BACHELORETTE FUS-BC-504

More information

READY. SET. QUICK & EASY PATTERNS

READY. SET. QUICK & EASY PATTERNS READY. SET. QUICK & EASY PATTERNS USING THE ACCUQUILT GO! GO! Big and GO! Fabric Cutter Friendly 6 FREE patterns INSIDE GO! X Marks the Spot Baby Quilt featuring Riley Blake Designs Fabrics Download FREE

More information

DIY Christmas Advent Calendar Sewing Tutorial

DIY Christmas Advent Calendar Sewing Tutorial DIY Christmas Advent Calendar Sewing Tutorial I love counting down the days until Christmas with my children and seeing the smiles on their faces each morning as they get to check the advent calendar to

More information

Cat's Night Out. Prepare Templates: Prepare templates as directed on the Template Pages.

Cat's Night Out. Prepare Templates: Prepare templates as directed on the Template Pages. Quilt by Lucy A. Fazely & Michael L. Burns Finished Quilt: 78" x 80-1/2" - Finished Block Size: 6" to 12" Nature's Studio fabrics by Classic Cottons - Style #3644 Fabric Requirements: Based on 44" wide

More information

Project #2: Bookmark. Shopping List:

Project #2: Bookmark. Shopping List: Project #2: Bookmark This is the 2nd project in our Get Kids Sewing Series with SINGER and SkipToMyLou.org. Bookmarks are fun to make and are great gifts for anyone. Choose fabric for the receiver s interest

More information

Constellation. Splendor by Amy Butler

Constellation. Splendor by Amy Butler Featuring Splendor by Amy Butler Blazing Star blocks and Half-Star triangles create a vibrating constellation surrounding the large star in the center of this colorful quilt. The Splendor collection by

More information

Bubbles & Sparkles. windhamfabrics.com Designed by Diane Nagle Featuring Dirty Laundry by Whistler Studios FREE PROJECT

Bubbles & Sparkles. windhamfabrics.com Designed by Diane Nagle Featuring Dirty Laundry by Whistler Studios FREE PROJECT 12.01.18 Designed by Diane Nagle Featuring Dirty Laundry by Whistler Studios size: 57 x 71 FREE PROJECT this is a digital representation of the quilt top, fabric may vary. please note: before making your

More information

Just Kisses. Designed by Robert Kaufman Fabrics Featuring. Finished quilt measures: 71 x 82

Just Kisses. Designed by Robert Kaufman Fabrics   Featuring. Finished quilt measures: 71 x 82 Just Kisses POINSETTIA PAVILION Designed by Robert Kaufman Fabrics www.robertkaufman.com Featuring Finished quilt measures: 71 x 82 For questions about this pattern, please email Patterns@RobertKaufman.com.

More information

Binding Basics. will help you get perfect corners on your binding. 2 Quilting Celebrations Winter

Binding Basics. will help you get perfect corners on your binding. 2 Quilting Celebrations Winter inding asics 1. egin stitching the binding to the quilt approximately 6" 8" from the beginning of the binding strip, using a ¼ seam allowance (Photo ). I have a little binding trick that I teach my students,

More information