Flamenco. Quilt size: 14'' x 29'' Wavy design: 10¼'' x 22½'' ~~ Please read all the instructions carefully before starting to make the quilt ~~

Similar documents
Celebration. Coaster size: 7'' x 7'' ~~ Please read all the instructions carefully before starting to work ~~

Happy Heart. Quilt size: 18'' x 18'' Heart design: 14'' x 14'' ~~ Please read all the instructions carefully before starting to make the quilt ~~

~~~ Flower Ball ~~~ Quilt size: 38''x 38'' Flower sphere size: 30" diameter

Bon Voyage - bag pattern -

Kimono Collection MATERIALS. Finished quilt size CUTTING

~~~ Little Wonders Pouch Patterns ~~~ 2014 Geta Grama; Boxy Pouch

Supplies Needed. Instructions. Project Instructions ABC Pieced Quilt. Skill Level 2: Some experience necessary. Approx. Crafting Time: Weekend project

Materials for Peppermint Candy Pillow

Project: Spruce It Up Throw

DIY Christmas Advent Calendar Sewing Tutorial

This is an original pattern not intended for sale.

Word Game Quilt Skill level: Beginner

Party with Patrick. 12 x 18" Wall Hanging

The Flake Family. Skill level - Intermediate. By Elizabeth Hill. Technique: Satin Stitch. Brand: Dual Duty XP. Crafting time: Day

Royal Purple Blossoms

Fox Fun Mug Rug H I J. Figure 1

DOUBLE POT HOLDER. Materials

Sewing Spools Wall Quilt

SMILE AND STAND TALL By Suzan Pons

Wrap your favorite novel in a quilted cover to protect it and turn heads. It adjusts to fit any size paperback and has a handy bookmark.

P layful Cuties 2 - Nursery Rhymes Quilt

Growth Chart: Cut this yardage first from your bundle. For the background rectangles cut 3 pieces 9 x 12 1/2 and 2 pieces 9 x 12 1/4.

Central. Fabric. Dot to Dot Quilt. Supplies Needed. Instructions. Skill Level 2: Experience necessary. Project Instructions

Cat's Night Out. Prepare Templates: Prepare templates as directed on the Template Pages.

Pinwheel Patch Quilt Pattern JacquelynneSteves.com

Terrie Sandelin Miniatures in Minutes (C&T Publishing)

Late-Summer Sunflower

Sondalo Table Runner

set; press. Repeat to make 17 strip sets. Cut each strip set into 8 (21/2" x 41/2") B segments as shown in Figure 1.

Materials. To subscribe to Love of Quilting magazine call or write to:

Chili Pepper Quilt Patterns

Daisies & Dots A Piece O Cake Pattern by Becky Goldsmith and Linda Jenkins featuring our Daisies & Dots fabric collection from Robert Kaufman.

Scrap Friendly Coloring Pages Included

Pillow Trapunto. by Barbara E. Lies DISCOVER. Barbara E. Lies. Finished Dimensions: 14" x 18" Skill Level: Challenging

Lap Quilt. Project Needs & Notes:

Skull Coin Purse An in-the-hoop project

Dori Garden Quilt. Flowers in Bloom! Supplies. Visit bernina.com for Projects Webinars Promotions. Created by Linda Wenturine

Featuring Shades of the Season 7. Supplies Needed

Copyright 2016 MKKB Enterprises, INC

Nautical lap quilt. Here is what you will need: Let s begin:

Jungle. Quilt size: 42" square (107cm square) Designed by Hilary Gooding, using the Jungle range from Makower UK

A Nordic Christmas. Week 2: Churn Dash. Finished size: 3 x 3

Basketball Coin Purse An in-the-hoop project

Shamrock Coin Purse An in-the-hoop project

The Love Quilt Project Lap Quilt Pattern. Finished Quilt Size Lap quilt, 54 x 54

Accent Rug with Little Sunshine Appliqué

Football Fanatic Pattern

BUTTERFLY GARDEN. The Red Boot Quilt Company

Crazy Love. Crazy Love fabrics designed by Jennifer Paganelli for FreeSpirit. Quilt designed by Marsha Evans Moore. Size: 50 x 70

Block Lesson #7. TOOL LIST // basic piecing. Skill Builder BOM BLOCK LESSON #7 JULY, x 12.5 Ruler. 6.5 X 24 Ruler

Iris Table Topper/Back to Front Binding Tutorial Skill Level: Beginner

Flight of the Geisha Quilt

A simple strip-pieced large center block turned on point with triangle corners makes for a quick yet sophisticated wall quilt. seams toward E.

Original Recipe. Original Recipe can be found at

Kitchen. by Michele Mishler. 20 CREATIVE MACHINE EMBROIDERY cmemag.com

Project: Sewing Spools Wall Quilt

Original Recipe. Big Girl Quilt & Pillow by Megan Frock

Beaded Clutch. Other Supplies 7 zipper

World s Easiest Tote Bag!!!

by Carol Moellers Finished Size Approx. 16" x 20"

Party with Patrick/March Easter Buddy. 14½ x 18½" Placemat

Featuring fabrics from the Carriage House collection by Pat Speth

Original Recipe. Quilted Chore Chart by Amber Johnson. It's that time of year again. Time to get back to a routine and find order in our houses again!

OLD GLORY. Old Glory Lil Glory Blue Star Service Banner

Daisy Pocket Quilt. Sorting summertime items is easier with this simple pocket quilt. Completing the Quilt. Cutting

california poppies Designed and made by Sylvia Pippen paradise stitched sashiko & appliqué quilts FINISHED QUILT: 16 20

Encircled Throw Quilt Pattern

piece o cake May the Lord Bless You Made for the 2012 AAQI Celebrity Quilt Auction By Becky Goldsmith

Snowman Gift Card Case In-the-hoop project

Pixel Pillow Skill Level: Beginner

CAMELOT FABRICS. 3. Draw a vertical line on the pointed end of each Strap, a tiny bit longer than the diameter of your buttons.

Sashiko Autumn Leaves Wool Quilt

Pinwheels in the Park

Scooter Strips Wall Hanging

Prairie Rose dress pattern. Sizes 18M to 6 years. A knee length dress with smocking in front and ties in back.

GHOSTS & GHOULS. This is a free pattern provided by The Red Boot Quilt Company 2017 STRICTLY NOT FOR RESALE OR DISTRIBUTION

THE FLOWER FAIRIES. The Red Boot Quilt Company

Charmed. Finished Size 48 x 60 Finshed Block 9

Lady Harvatine. patterns.

a free sewing pattern by

Mailed with Love Valentine Postcard Patchwork Heart Skill Level: Beginner

This is an original pattern not intended for sale.

Six FUN! projects for those who are new to sewing, returning to sewing or just want to sharpen basic skills.

Happy Winter Snowman Quilt

Original Recipe can be found at

A SPOOKY SLEEPOVER. This is a free pattern provided by The Red Boot Quilt Company The Red Boot Quilt Company

Coastal Chic Batiks Collection by Monique Jacobs

Tuning My Heart Quilts by Debra Davis

*All seam allowances are 1/4 unless otherwise noted. All pattern pieces include the seam allowance.

MANY MINI CABINS REVERSE PAPER PIECING. Foundation Paper Piecing Made Easy P110. FINISHED SIZE: 14" x 14" Designed by Annis Clapp

THE FLOWER FAIRIES. This is a free pattern provided by The Red Boot Quilt Company 2017 STRICTLY NOT FOR RESALE OR DISTRIBUTION

Gemstones Quilt. Designed by flaurie & finch Featuring the Blossom Batiks Geodes collection from RJR Fabrics

The Jan An In-the-Hoop Project

Wall Hanging by Pat Ashton Featuring fabrics from the Materials Front

Sassy Little Aprons. bonus project!

Quilt Cushion

Transcription:

Flamenco Quilt size: 14'' x 29'' Wavy design: 10¼'' x 22½'' ~~ Please read all the instructions carefully before starting to make the quilt ~~

Flamenco quilt pattern 2015 Geta Grama; www.romanianquiltstudio.com 2 1. Materials List Background fabric in a light neutral color - 16'' x 31'' Colored fabric for the wavy design - solid fabric, tone-on-tone or very small prints work great for this pattern. Do not use large prints. You could use eight fabric or fewer and duplicate some of them. I used 7 fabrics and I used the same fabric for the first and eighth "wave". If you want to quilt with colored thread, you could match your thread to the chosen fabric (or vice versa, choose first the thread and find assorted fabrics in your stash it's what I did, because I have just a few spools of colored thread). Each piece of the design is numbered on the paper pattern. Number the fabrics too. Arrange first the fabrics in a pleasant sequence then label each fabric with the corresponding number. You could use price tags for labeling. The numbering starts from the left side of the design (the most inner piece) and goes toward the right side. The design doesn't use much fabric but because of the wavy shape, some pieces must be cut from large pieces of fabric. The longest wave requires ½ yard of fabric (42'' wide) and the second and third wave require one fat quarter (18'' x 21''). For the other pieces you need less fabric. Keep in mind the fabric requirements when you choose your fabrics. This design is more economical if you make a two color quilt (one color for the background and the other for the design). You need one 12'' x 27'' piece of fabric for the whole design. This two color design has a minimalist and modern look.

Flamenco quilt pattern 2015 Geta Grama; www.romanianquiltstudio.com 3 Fusible web: 12'' x 27'' - Wonder Under, Vliesofix/Bondaweb, Heat and Bond, Steam a Seam. Batting and backing: 18'' x 33'' Fabric for binding: you could use scraps of the fabrics used for the design or you could make it from the background fabric - in this case you need a piece 7½'' x 42'' (width of the fabric). Cut it in three 2½'' wide strips. Water soluble pen You have to mark the design on fabric and then fuse the appliqué pieces onto it. You will be ironing over the markings, so make sure you use a marking pen that does not disappear with heat, but can be washed out when you are finished with the quilt. Test how your marking pen reacts to ironing. Mark a scrap of fabric then press. Wash the fabric the same way you will wash the quilt. Before starting to make the quilt, make sure the marking lines wash out completely. I used a washable marker designed specifically for kids. Many brands have such markers. Jeans Needles (#100/16) for stitching/quilting over the appliqués pieces are helpful. 2. Prepare the paper pattern Print the last 7 pages of this document. Print in the original size (check the "Actual Size" box in the print dialog box). A test square is included on the first page of the pattern. Measure it to make sure that you print the pattern at the proper scale. Assemble the pattern Tape the pages together. To easily tape one page to another, remove the right margin of the first page (cut on the red dashed line) and tape the first page to the second page, and so on across the row. Use a similar method to tape the rows together.

Flamenco quilt pattern 2015 Geta Grama; www.romanianquiltstudio.com 4 3. Transfer the design on the background fabric Reverse the paper pattern (turn it on the other side) and rotate it at 180 degree (the top will become the bottom). Keep the paper pattern in this position (wrong side up) and tape it to a window. On top of it tape the background fabric (right side up), keeping the design vertically centered. The left edge of the design should be placed at about 1'' from the left edge of the fabric. Copy the design onto fabric, using the water soluble pen. Your pattern on fabric should look like this picture. 4. Prepare the appliqué pieces Using the paper pattern RIGHT SIDE UP, copy the entire design onto the paper side of the fusible web. Transfer the numbers too.

Flamenco quilt pattern 2015 Geta Grama; www.romanianquiltstudio.com 5 Cut the fusible web out roughly around the lines. Place the fusible web templates, rough side down, on the wrong side of the corresponding fabric. Press according to the manufacturer s instructions. Cut on the lines with a pair of scissors. Remove the paper backing from all the pieces (score over the paper with a needle, this makes it easier to remove the paper).

Flamenco quilt pattern 2015 Geta Grama; www.romanianquiltstudio.com 6 5. Appliqué the design on the background fabric Place each piece in the corresponding position, coated side down. Press with the iron to fuse the piece to the background fabric. Follow the fusible web manufacturer's instructions. Repeat for all the pieces. You can secure the edges of the appliqué pieces at this stage. Use a zigzag stitch and invisible or neutral or matching thread. 6. Quilting Usually I do the appliqué part and the quilting at the same time. In other words, I secure the edges of the appliqués pieces stitching (quilting) through all the layers (top + batting + backing). Prepare the quilt sandwich with the backing on the bottom (wrong side up), batting in the middle and then quilt top right side up. Baste as desired; I used a temporary adhesive spray. If you use pins or safety pins, try not to pin through the appliqué pieces. Quilt as desired.

Flamenco quilt pattern 2015 Geta Grama; www.romanianquiltstudio.com 7 Here is how I quilted my quilt. First, I secured the edges of the appliqué pieces with a zig zag stitch and matching thread. I used the walking foot. Then on the background, outside the design, I stitched a few lines (spaced at about 1''), following the most outer edge of the design. I used again the walking foot. Then I switched to the darning foot and I filled the space in between these lines (and in between the colored waves) with feathers.

Flamenco quilt pattern 2015 Geta Grama; www.romanianquiltstudio.com 8 7. Washing the quilt Wash the quilt on gentle cycle. If possible, put the quilt in the washing machine, fill the machine with warm water then let the quilt soak for a few minutes. Only after that add a little mild detergent, dissolved in water. Spin but on low speed, to leave some water in the quilt. Remove the quilt from the washing machine and lay it on a table. Smooth it from the center toward the outside edges until it is flat. You could gently press on the back if you need help to smooth it. Make sure the sole plate of your iron is clean. Keep the quilt flat to dry. 9. Finishing the quilt Square up the quilt. The finished quilt will be a rectangle. Keep the design vertically centered. First, trim ¼''(or even 1/8'') away from the left edge of the design. Then trim the top and bottom edges and finally the right edge. Your finished quilt should measure about 14'' x 29''. Then bind the quilt. Your quilt is finished. Enjoy your new quilt! Geta Grama Geta s website: www.romanianquiltstudio.com Geta s blog: www.cadouri-din-inima.blogspot.com Email Geta: geta@romanianquiltstudio.com ------------------------------------------------------- 2015 Geta Grama - for personal use only - Thank you for your interest! Other free tutorials: http://cadouri-din-inima.blogspot.ro/2010/09/tutorials.html If you love this pattern, please consider to sharing my blog with your quilting friends so they could download their own copy too. Thank you!

1 1 x 1 Use a ruler to measure the square to verify that printout is correctly sized. 8 7 6 5 4 3

2 10 1/4 x 22 1/2 design

2 3 1

6 Copyright 2015 Geta Grama www.romanianquiltstudio.com

7 1/2 x 3 -enlarge to the needed size- Copyright 2015 Geta Grama www.romanianquiltstudio.com