Fractions( ½(,(Halves( (((((((( 1/3(,(Thirds( (((((((( ¼(,(Fourths( (((((((( ( ( (Primary(Partners.((

Size: px
Start display at page:

Download "Fractions( ½(,(Halves( (((((((( 1/3(,(Thirds( (((((((( ¼(,(Fourths( (((((((( ( ( (Primary(Partners.(("

Transcription

1 Fractions( ½(,(Halves( (((((((( 1/3(,(Thirds( (((((((( ¼(,(Fourths( (((((((( (Primary(Partners.(( ( (

2 Tips on how to use these word problems 1. Determine the math readiness of the students in terms of addition and subtraction skills. Select the appropriate pages for individual needs. 2. Teach word problem vocabulary, e.g. half, third, fourth, share equally, what fraction, how many. 3. Model drawing a picture and concluding sentence for each problem (see example below). This will allow the teacher to better understand the student s thought process in solving the problem and make it easier for him or her to assist the student. Tim and Kevin want to share an apple equally. What fraction will each person get? Each person would get 1/2. Dad bought 4 books for his 2 children. He shared the books equally. How many books did each child get? Each child gets 2 books. 4. Children solve problems. They should be encouraged to use a variety of problem solving strategies, including pictures, manipulatives, number lines, etc. 5. Mark answers. An Answer Key, including equation and concluding sentence, is included for ease in marking. Note: The intended purpose of these problems is to allow children to use math skills in context, therefore when necessary, the teacher or a classmate should read them aloud to the student. Table of Contents Letter A Type of Problems Fractions: parts of a whole and parts of a set 1/2 1/3 1/4 Number of Questions 24 Total number of Problems 24

3 1A 1. Tim and Kevin want to share an apple equally. What fraction will each person get? 2. Jill saw 10 ducklings sitting on 5 logs. Each log had an equal number of ducklings. How many ducklings were on each log? 3. Jo, Fred, Pat and Glen shared a pizza equally. What fraction did each person get? 4. There were 3 balls and 3 children. If they shared the balls equally, how many balls would each child get?

4 2A 1. Mom bought 9 stickers for her 3 children. She gave each child 3 stickers. What fraction of the stickers did each child get? 2. There were 4 cookies and 2 children. The children shared them equally. How many cookies did each child get? 3. 4 boys found 12 cents. They shared the money equally. How many cents did each child get? 4. There were 8 rabbits and 8 carrots. They shared them equally. How many carrots did each rabbit get?

5 3A 1. There were 8 bones and 4 dogs. They shared them equally. How many bones did each dog get? 2. There were 3 boats and 12 kids. The same number of kids went into each boat. How many kids went in each boat? 3. Four classes were in the gym at the same time and shared the space equally. What fraction of the gym did each class get? 4. Two girls wanted to share a piece of paper equally. What fraction did each girl get?

6 4A 1. Hana cut a pizza into 3 equal pieces. She ate 1/3 of the pieces. How many pieces did she eat? 2. Bob had 4 pieces of candy. He gave 1/4 of them to Tim. How many pieces of candy did he give Tim? 3. There were 2 cupcakes. Jan ate 1 of them. What fraction of the cupcakes did she eat? 4. Rick folded his paper into 4 equal squares. He colored 1/4 of his squares. How many squares did he color?

7 5A 1. Kim had 10 stickers. She gave her friend 5 stickers. What fraction did she give her friend? 2. A pizza was cut into 8 pieces and shared equally between 4 people. How many pieces of pizza did each person get? 3. Jill and a friend wanted to share a sandwich equally. What fraction would each person get? 4. Jon, Sue and Kevin were playing with 6 blocks. They shared them equally and each person got 2 blocks. What fraction did each person get?

8 6A 1. Four dogs curled up on one blanket spaced out evenly. What fraction of the blanket did each dog get? 2. There were 9 pencils and 3 people. Each person got the same number of pencils. How many pencils did each person get? 3. Fred had 8 pieces of chocolate. He gave 1/4 of them to Ben. How many pieces did Ben get? 4. There were 10 carrot sticks. Mick and his brother shared them equally. How many carrot sticks did each boy get?

9 Answers 1A 2A 3A 4A 5A 6A 1 Picture solution Each person will get 1/2. 2 Picture solution There were 2 ducklings on each log. 3 Picture solution Each person got 1/4. 4 Picture solution Each child would get 1 ball. 1 Picture solution Each child got 1/3 of the stickers. 2 Picture solution Each child got 2 cookies. 3 Picture solution Each child got 3 cents. 4 Picture solution Each rabbit got 1 carrot. 1 Picture solution Each dog got 2 bones. 2 Picture solution 4 kids went in each boat. 3 Picture solution Each class got 1/4 of the gym. 4 Picture solution Each girl got 1/2 the paper. 1 Picture solution Hana ate 1 piece of pizza. 2 Picture solution Bob gave Tim 1 piece of candy. 3 Picture solution Jan ate 1/2 of the cupcakes. 4 Picture solution Rick colored 1 square. 1 Picture solution She gave her friend 1/2. 2 Picture solution Each person got 2 pieces of pizza. 3 Picture solution Each person would get 1/2 of a sandwich. 4 Picture solution Each person got 1/3. 1 Picture solution Each dog got 1/4 of the blanket. 2 Picture solution Each person got 3 pencils. 3 Picture solution Ben got 2 pieces of chocolate. 4 Picture solution Each boy got 5 carrot sticks.

Mathematics Workshop. For Parents of 3 & 4

Mathematics Workshop. For Parents of 3 & 4 Mathematics Workshop For Parents of 3 & 4 Objectives Participants will be able to: Learn how to help your child solve P3 & P4 Math problem sums using the Polya s problem solving approach. Learn how to

More information

First Grade Common Core Math Word Problems. Operations and Algebraic Thinking 1.OA Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction.

First Grade Common Core Math Word Problems. Operations and Algebraic Thinking 1.OA Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction. First Grade Common Core Math Word Problems Operations and Algebraic Thinking 1.OA Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction. 1.OA.1 1. Jen has 8 apples. Pat has 10 apples. How many

More information

(a) + 22 = 40 (b) 58 + = 72. (c) 28 = 54 (d) 48 = 19. (a) 43 + = 100 (b) = [2] (c) = (d) = [2]

(a) + 22 = 40 (b) 58 + = 72. (c) 28 = 54 (d) 48 = 19. (a) 43 + = 100 (b) = [2] (c) = (d) = [2] Assessment Test for Singapore Primary Mathematics 2B Common Core Edition This test covers material taught in Primary Mathematics 2B Common Core Edition (http://www.singaporemath.com/) 1. Fill in the blanks

More information

Study Guide for Unit 1 ( )

Study Guide for Unit 1 ( ) Name: Study Guide for Unit 1 (1.1-1.5) Date: What time is it? What time is it? Use numbers to describe the arrangement of cubes. + + + + Use numbers to describe the arrangement of cubes. + + + + Name:

More information

Grade: 1st Enduring Skill 1: Students will develop understanding and use strategies based on meaning for addition and subtraction within 20.

Grade: 1st Enduring Skill 1: Students will develop understanding and use strategies based on meaning for addition and subtraction within 20. Grade: 1st Enduring Skill 1: Students will develop understanding and use strategies based on meaning for addition and subtraction within 20. Demonstrators : 1. Use addition and subtraction within 20 to

More information

Contents ... NCTM Content Standards Assessment Rubric... 6 How Is Our Resource Organized? The NCTM Principles & Standards...

Contents ... NCTM Content Standards Assessment Rubric... 6 How Is Our Resource Organized? The NCTM Principles & Standards... Contents... TEACHER GUIDE NCTM Content Standards Assessment Rubric... 6 How Is Our Resource Organized?... The NCTM Principles & Standards... STUDENT HANDOUTS Number and Operations -5... 3 Drill Sheets...

More information

Tier 2 Mathematics Intervention. Form A Assessment

Tier 2 Mathematics Intervention. Form A Assessment ESTAR INTERVENTION Tier 2 Mathematics Intervention Module: Multiplication & Division Fact Strategies (MDFS) Name Date Teacher 1.) Jay has 5 packages of collectors cards. Each package has 5 cards. How many

More information

Important Words in Mathematics

Important Words in Mathematics 1 P a g e Important Words in Mathematics... 2 Numbers... 3 Number Words... 4 EVEN OR ODD... 5 PLACE VALUE... 6 PLACE VALUE... 7 VALUE... 8 GREATER THAN OR LESS THAN... 9 GREATER THAN OR LESS THAN... 10

More information

Tier 2 Mathematics Intervention. Form C Assessment

Tier 2 Mathematics Intervention. Form C Assessment ESTAR INTERVENTION Tier 2 Mathematics Intervention Module: Multiplication & Division Fact Strategies (MDFS) Name Date Teacher 1.) Jay has 5 packages of collectors cards. Each package has 3 cards. How many

More information

RELEASED. End-of-Grade Alternate Assessment Mathematics. Grade 3. Student Booklet

RELEASED. End-of-Grade Alternate Assessment Mathematics. Grade 3. Student Booklet Released Form REDY NEXTEND End-of-Grade lternate ssessment Mathematics Grade Student ooklet cademic Services and Instructional Support Division of ccountability Services opyright 0 by the North arolina

More information

2. Write the products for these. SAMPLE 4 6 = = = 4 3 = 8 3 = 3. Use a doubling strategy to complete this table. Step Ahead 6.

2. Write the products for these. SAMPLE 4 6 = = = 4 3 = 8 3 = 3. Use a doubling strategy to complete this table. Step Ahead 6. . Introducing the Eights Multiplication Facts. Write the products for these. Look at this array. What do you see? What strategy can you use to figure out the product? = = Look at the next array. What do

More information

Cheetah Math Superstars

Cheetah Math Superstars Cheetah Math Superstars PARENTS: You may read the problem to your child and demonstrate a similar problem, but he/she should work the problems. Please encourage independent thinking and problem solving

More information

Go Math. Common Core. 1 st Grade. Daily Spiral Review. Chapter 10. Represent Data. By Donna Walker

Go Math. Common Core. 1 st Grade. Daily Spiral Review. Chapter 10. Represent Data. By Donna Walker Go Math 1 st Grade Common Core Daily Spiral Review Chapter 10 Represent Data By Donna Walker Go Math First Grade Common Core Spiral Review This packet consists of 14 worksheets that are designed to review

More information

a big horse I see a big horse.

a big horse I see a big horse. 144 Dolch Phrases a big horse I see a big horse. a big house I see a big house. a new book I see a new book. a new hat I see a new hat. a pretty home I see a pretty home. a pretty picture I see a pretty

More information

FIRST GRADE FIRST GRADE HIGH FREQUENCY WORDS FIRST 100 HIGH FREQUENCY WORDS FIRST 100

FIRST GRADE FIRST GRADE HIGH FREQUENCY WORDS FIRST 100 HIGH FREQUENCY WORDS FIRST 100 HIGH FREQUENCY WORDS FIRST 100 about Preprimer, Primer or 1 st Grade lists 1 st 100 of again 100 HF words for Grade 1 all am an are as away be been before big black blue boy brown but by came cat come

More information

0:50. year. Use 2B or HB pencil only. Time available for students to complete test: 50 minutes

0:50. year. Use 2B or HB pencil only. Time available for students to complete test: 50 minutes NUMERACY year 5 2012 0:50 Time available for students to complete test: 50 minutes Use 2B or HB pencil only Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority, 2012 1 Marie had 12 biscuits. She

More information

Smiley Face Math Grade 2, Worksheet I

Smiley Face Math Grade 2, Worksheet I Section 2 Smiley Face Math Grade 2, Worksheet I Name 1. Complete the two patterns. 448, 458, 468,,, 498,, 518 285, 385, 485, 585,,,,,1085 2. Jackson ate a cookie at 1:00. He ate another cookie every 2½

More information

Cheetah Math Superstars

Cheetah Math Superstars PARENTS: You may read the problem to your child and demonstrate a similar problem, but he/she should work the problems. Please encourage independent thinking and problem solving skills. SCORING: 20 paw

More information

Cheetah Math Superstars

Cheetah Math Superstars Cheetah Math Superstars PARENTS: You may read the problem to your child and demonstrate a similar problem, but he/she should work the problems. Please encourage independent thinking and problem solving

More information

LESSON 3.1. Use Doubles Facts. Kinesthetic / Visual Whole Class / Small Group

LESSON 3.1. Use Doubles Facts. Kinesthetic / Visual Whole Class / Small Group LESSON 3. Use Doubles Facts Materials red and blue connecting cubes Write 6 + 7 = on the board. Say: You can use 6 6 to help find the sum of 6 7. Have children put cubes together to make two 6-cube trains

More information

b) 12 - = 6 d) 9 - = 3 e) 11 - = 8 f) 10 - = 7

b) 12 - = 6 d) 9 - = 3 e) 11 - = 8 f) 10 - = 7 Level 7 Card 1 a) Using the number chart count by 2s from 10 to 30. Use counters for these equations: b) + 2 = 6 c) 2 + 6 = d) 2 + = 6 e) 12 = + 6 f) + 5 = 8 g) 9 = + 4 h) 7 + = 11 Level 7 Card 2 a) Using

More information

MATH NUMBER SENSE 3 Performance Objective Task Analysis Benchmarks/Assessment Students: 1. Students understand place value of whole numbers.

MATH NUMBER SENSE 3 Performance Objective Task Analysis Benchmarks/Assessment Students: 1. Students understand place value of whole numbers. Students: 1. Students understand place value of whole numbers. 1. Count, read, and write whole numbers to 10,000. Count to 10,000 Which numbers are whole numbers? Whole number 0, 15.3, 4/5, 8, 25 1/2 Count

More information

Smiley Face Math Grade 1 Worksheet I. 1. Tori found 4 pink shells and 5 gray shells. How many shells did she find? Show the problem with counters.

Smiley Face Math Grade 1 Worksheet I. 1. Tori found 4 pink shells and 5 gray shells. How many shells did she find? Show the problem with counters. Smiley Face Math Grade 1 Worksheet I Name: 1. Tori found 4 pink shells and 5 gray shells. How many shells did she find? Show the problem with counters. Answer: Tori found shells in all. 4 pink shells 2.

More information

5th Grade. Fraction Operations Part 2.

5th Grade. Fraction Operations Part 2. 1 5th Grade Fraction Operations Part 2 2015 11 13 www.njctl.org 2 Multiplying Fractions Table of Contents click on the topic to go to that section Multiplying Fractions and Whole Numbers Multiplying with

More information

Grade 4. Number and Operations - Fractions 4.NF COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS ALIGNED MODULES 2012 COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS ALIGNED MODULES

Grade 4. Number and Operations - Fractions 4.NF COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS ALIGNED MODULES 2012 COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS ALIGNED MODULES THE NEWARK PUBLIC SCHOOLS THE OFFICE OF MATHEMATICS Grade 4 Number and Operations - Fractions 4.NF.1-2 2012 COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS ALIGNED MODULES 2012 COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS ALIGNED MODULES

More information

Summer Math Reinforcement Packet Students Entering into 3rd Grade

Summer Math Reinforcement Packet Students Entering into 3rd Grade 1 Summer Math Reinforcement Packet Students Entering into 3rd Grade Our second graders had a busy year learning new math skills. Mastery of all these skills is extremely important in order to develop a

More information

Part I. Addition. MATH 151 Group Project

Part I. Addition. MATH 151 Group Project Addition Part I Definition: Calculating the total of two or more objects or amounts. Combining separate units together to the equal one-to-one correspondence. The process of combining the total of 2 or

More information

Goob and the Bug-Collecting Kit

Goob and the Bug-Collecting Kit Goob and the Bug-Collecting Kit oob was walking by Tootle s Toy Store when he saw a bug-collecting kit in the window. It was on sale for four dollars. Wow! said Goob. I ve wanted a kit like that for a

More information

6. Circle fractions that are more than.

6. Circle fractions that are more than. Standard: 18.NF.1 explain why a fraction a/b is equivalent to a fraction (n x a/n x b) by using visual fraction models with attention to how the number and size of the parts differ even though the two

More information

Name: Date: Algebra X-Box Word Problems. Name: Teacher: Pd:

Name: Date: Algebra X-Box Word Problems. Name: Teacher: Pd: Name: Date: Algebra 2011-2012 X-Box Word Problems Name: Teacher: Pd: Table of Contents DAY 1: SWBAT: Solve Word Problems by Converting into an Algebraic Equation. Pgs:1-5 HW: Pgs:6-8 DAY 2: SWBAT: Solve

More information

envision Test Reviews Alternative tests

envision Test Reviews Alternative tests envision Test Reviews or Alternative tests 16 topic test reviews that can be used to review for the envision topic test, or given as an alternative testing option. Kid friendly, easy to read, great skill

More information

Share and Show. Lesson 1. Find Sums on an Addition Table ? The sum for is found where row 3 and column 4 meet.

Share and Show. Lesson 1. Find Sums on an Addition Table ? The sum for is found where row 3 and column 4 meet. Name Find Sums on an Addition Table Essential Question How do you find sums on an addition table? 3 1 4 5? The sum for 3 + 4 is found where row 3 and column 4 meet. 7 3 1 4 5 _ row Lesson 1 column Share

More information

Phrases for 2 nd -3 rd Grade Sight Words (9) for for him for my mom it is for it was for. (10) on on it on my way On the day I was on

Phrases for 2 nd -3 rd Grade Sight Words (9) for for him for my mom it is for it was for. (10) on on it on my way On the day I was on (1) the on the bus In the school by the dog It was the cat. Phrases for 2 nd -3 rd Grade Sight Words (9) for for him for my mom it is for it was for (17) we If we go we can sit we go out Can we go? (2)

More information

TEXAS SAMPLE PAGES STUDENT JOURNAL SENIOR AUTHORS PROGRAM CONSULTANTS. contributing authors. James Burnett Calvin Irons

TEXAS SAMPLE PAGES STUDENT JOURNAL SENIOR AUTHORS PROGRAM CONSULTANTS. contributing authors. James Burnett Calvin Irons TEXAS PAGES SENIOR AUTHORS James Burnett Calvin Irons PROGRAM CONSULTANTS Diana Lambdin Frank Lester, Jr. Kit Norris contributing authors Debi DePaul Beth Lewis Peter Stowasser Allan Turton STUDENT JOURNAL

More information

MATH CONCEPTS AND ESTIMATION

MATH CONCEPTS AND ESTIMATION MATH CONCEPTS AND ESTIMATION Part 1: Math Concepts Directions: This is a test of how well you know numbers and math words. Four answers are given for each question. Choose the answer that you think is

More information

Begin Practice Round

Begin Practice Round Indiana Academic M.A.T.H. Bowl Invitational February 2012 Begin Practice Round 1 2012 MATH Invitational Practice Round 30 seconds 16 + 12 =? a. 18 b. 14 c. 4 d. 28 2012 MATH Invitational Practice Round

More information

Indiana Academic M.A.T.H. Bowl. Invitational February 2012

Indiana Academic M.A.T.H. Bowl. Invitational February 2012 Indiana Academic M.A.T.H. Bowl Invitational February 2012 Begin Practice Round 2012 MATH Invitational Practice Round 30 seconds a. 18 b. 14 c. 4 d. 28 16 + 12 =? 2012 MATH Invitational Practice Round 16

More information

1. This picture graph shows the number of pizza slices five boys ate last week. Abe Ben Carlos Daniel Everett

1. This picture graph shows the number of pizza slices five boys ate last week. Abe Ben Carlos Daniel Everett Placement Test for Singapore Primary Mathematics 1B Standards Edition This test covers material taught in Primary Mathematics 1B, Standards Edition (http://www.singaporemath.com/) 1. This picture graph

More information

monster math word problem 2.OA.1.notebook October 02, 2013

monster math word problem 2.OA.1.notebook October 02, 2013 Monster Math Common Core Word Problems for Second Grade 2.OA.1 1 I can use drawings and equations to solve a word problem using addition and subtraction with unknowns in all positions. 2.OA.1 Represent

More information

1. There are 3 yellow apples, 6 red apples, and 7 green apples in a bowl. How many apples in all?

1. There are 3 yellow apples, 6 red apples, and 7 green apples in a bowl. How many apples in all? First Grade Teacher Key Directions: Will be read aloud to full group of students exactly as written. Say: Spell the best you can give your best guess. Teacher can clarify where to write each new number

More information

Math Mania in the Primary Grades. Ginny A. Dowd

Math Mania in the Primary Grades. Ginny A. Dowd Math Mania in the Primary Grades Ginny A. Dowd 1 Table of Contents Let s find attributes! Pages 4-6 Negative Numbers Page 130-132 Let s write numbers Pages 7-11 Calendar Fun Pages 12-25 The Magical Number

More information

Summer Math Packet 2018

Summer Math Packet 2018 Summer Math Packet 2018 According to the National Summer Learning Association, students lose about two months of math skills over the summer months! This is known as summer slide! Stop the slide and practice

More information

3rd Grade Math Review Quizzes #16-20

3rd Grade Math Review Quizzes #16-20 3rd Grade Math Review Quizzes #16-20 Name Date 3 rd Grade Review Quiz #16 1. Use the following table to find how many fingers are on 9 people? Number of People Number of Fingers 1 10 3 30 6 60 9 a) 70

More information

1. What percentage of the hundredths grids below are shaded in?

1. What percentage of the hundredths grids below are shaded in? Math Review Fractions, Ratio and Percent (Units 6 & 7) 1. What percentage of the hundredths grids below are shaded in? 45% 75% 5% 2. Write one part-to-whole and one part-to-part ratio for the following

More information

Core-Cambridge Math I Level 1: Product Guide

Core-Cambridge Math I Level 1: Product Guide PRODUCT GUIDE Core-Cambridge Math I Level 1: Product Guide 1. About the Core-Cambridge I Collection The Core-Cambridge I Collection contains three separate programs designed for early learners and aligned

More information

E CA AC EA AA AM AP E CA AC EA AA AM AP E CA AC EA AA AM AP E CA AC EA AA AM AP E CA AC EA AA AM AP E CA AC EA AA AM AP

E CA AC EA AA AM AP E CA AC EA AA AM AP E CA AC EA AA AM AP E CA AC EA AA AM AP E CA AC EA AA AM AP E CA AC EA AA AM AP 1 The role of this book. School wide assessment resource instructions. Contents page Pg3 Pg3 E CA AC EA AA AM AP I am learning my addition and subtraction facts to five. Pg4, 5 I am learning my doubles

More information

PARENT PACKET Splash into Summer with Math!

PARENT PACKET Splash into Summer with Math! PARENT PACKET Splash into Summer with Math! For Students Completing Third Grade This summer math booklet was developed to provide students in 3 rd Grade Math to review grade level math objectives and to

More information

ACTICE BOOK PR Allyn Fisher B2PB-B

ACTICE BOOK PR Allyn Fisher B2PB-B PR ACTICE BOOK Allyn Fisher B2PB-B Practice Book Use anytime after Bridges, Unit 1, Session 12. Numbers & Words, 11 20 1 Trace the words and numbers. Then draw a line to the matching set. 2 Fill in the

More information

Partitioning Shapes. Day 1

Partitioning Shapes. Day 1 Partitioning Shapes Day 1 Problem of the Day Solve using model drawing. Karla went to the store to buy some eggs. She bought three cartons of eggs, and each carton contained 12 eggs. She used 1/6 of the

More information

Summer Math Reinforcement Packet Students Entering into 3rd Grade

Summer Math Reinforcement Packet Students Entering into 3rd Grade Summer Math Reinforcement Packet Students Entering into 3rd Grade Our second graders had a busy year learning new math skills. Mastery of all these skills is extremely important in order to develop a solid

More information

This book belongs to

This book belongs to This book belongs to This book was made for your convenience. It is available for printing from the website. It contains all of the printables from Easy Peasy's Math 2 course. The instructions for each

More information

Thank you for Downloading

Thank you for Downloading Thank you for Downloading Get More FREE resources at You ve Got This Math YOU MAY Print as many copies as you would like for your OWN personal use Save this file on YOUR computer Share on a blog, facebook

More information

Math Number Operations Fractions

Math Number Operations Fractions Louisiana Student Standard 3.NF.A.1 Understand a fraction 1/b, with denominators 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8, as the quantity formed by 1 part when a whole is partitioned into b equal parts; understand a fraction

More information

A fraction (from Latin: fractus, "broken") represents a part of a whole.

A fraction (from Latin: fractus, broken) represents a part of a whole. Math 4. Class work. Fractions. A fraction (from Latin: fractus, "broken") represents a part of a whole. Look at the picture on the right: the whole chocolate bar is divided into equal pieces: (whole chocolate

More information

Multiplication and Division

Multiplication and Division F Student Book Name Series F Contents Topic Mental multiplication strategies (p. - 0) doubling strategy multiply by 0s, 00s and 000s split strategy compensation strategy factors and multiples Date completed

More information

Counting Stick: Infants: First and Second Class: Third and Fourth Class: Fifth and Sixth Class

Counting Stick: Infants: First and Second Class: Third and Fourth Class: Fifth and Sixth Class Counting Stick: What is it? A 1-metre long stick divided into ten sections, each 10 cms long. What can it be used for and with what classes? The stick can be used for a variety of number activities and

More information

1st Grade. Slide 1 / 157. Slide 2 / 157. Slide 3 / 157. Length

1st Grade. Slide 1 / 157. Slide 2 / 157. Slide 3 / 157. Length Slide 1 / 157 Slide 2 / 157 1st Grade Length 2015-11-30 www.njctl.org Table of Contents Comparing Two Objects Comparing Three Objects Ordering Three Objects Using Blocks to Measure Lab: Comparison Game

More information

1st Grade Length

1st Grade Length Slide 1 / 157 Slide 2 / 157 1st Grade Length 2015-11-30 www.njctl.org Slide 3 / 157 Table of Contents Comparing Two Objects Comparing Three Objects Ordering Three Objects Using Blocks to Measure Lab: Comparison

More information

Classwork 16. Convert centimeters into decimeters: 50 cm = dm 70 cm = dm 60 cm = dm 10 cm = dm 90 cm = dm 40 cm = dm

Classwork 16. Convert centimeters into decimeters: 50 cm = dm 70 cm = dm 60 cm = dm 10 cm = dm 90 cm = dm 40 cm = dm Classwork 16 Problem 1. dm dm Convert decimeters into centimeters: 2 dm = cm 4 dm = cm 6 dm = cm 3 dm = cm 5 dm = cm 8 dm = cm Convert centimeters into decimeters: 50 cm = dm 70 cm = dm 60 cm = dm 10 cm

More information

INTEGERS. Place these integers in order starting with the least or smallest (the first one is done for you.)

INTEGERS. Place these integers in order starting with the least or smallest (the first one is done for you.) INTEGERS Place these integers in order starting with the least or smallest (the first one is done for you.) -6-8 10-8 -6 10 0-5 -4 12-12 16-4 -3-8 -6 7-8 5 0 18-22 20-56 17-85 99 42-17 -12-43 Solve. 1

More information

What You Need to Know Page 1 HANG 10! Write addition and subtraction expressions that equal 10.

What You Need to Know Page 1 HANG 10! Write addition and subtraction expressions that equal 10. Summer Math Booklet What You Need to Know Page 1 HANG 10! Write addition and subtraction expressions that equal 10. Find as many ways as you can to make 10. See if you can fill up the boxes. By adding

More information

3 x 5 is greater than 5. x 8 is greater than 8. 1 x 10 is less than 10 x 7 is less than 7. x 21 is less than 21. x 4 is greater than 4 3 = = =

3 x 5 is greater than 5. x 8 is greater than 8. 1 x 10 is less than 10 x 7 is less than 7. x 21 is less than 21. x 4 is greater than 4 3 = = = 6 6 5 6 7 8 9 0 6 6 x 8 is greater than 8 5 x 5 is greater than 5 x 0 is less than 0 x 7 is less than 7 7 8 x is less than x is greater than 5 6 = x = x5 x5 7 8 x6 = = x6 8 x x 9 0 . Edward had 0 baseball

More information

Section A: For each question, four options are given. (10 marks)

Section A: For each question, four options are given. (10 marks) Algebra and Fraction Revision Section A: For each question, four options are given. (10 marks) (1) Multiply 30 by w. Subtract 11 from the result gives (A) 11w 30 (B) w 330 (C) 11-30w (D) 30w 11 ( ) (2)

More information

Name. Summer Math Packet Entering 4 th Grade

Name. Summer Math Packet Entering 4 th Grade Name Summer Math Packet Entering 4 th Grade Dear Parents, The intention of the summer math packet is to provide consistent math practice for your child in order to maintain math skills learned. Please

More information

We are packing 22 balls into boxes. Show how many boxes we will need if we pack: a) 3 balls in each box b) 5 balls in each box

We are packing 22 balls into boxes. Show how many boxes we will need if we pack: a) 3 balls in each box b) 5 balls in each box 1 We are packing balls into boxes. Show how many boxes we will need if we pack: a) balls in each box b) balls in each box E.g: E.g: Write each as a multiplication and addition, then as a division. = 7

More information

Anna had 14 rabbits. She gave some to Kelsey. Now she has 5 rabbits left. How many rabbits did Anna give to Kelsey?

Anna had 14 rabbits. She gave some to Kelsey. Now she has 5 rabbits left. How many rabbits did Anna give to Kelsey? Anna had 14 rabbits. She gave some to Kelsey. Now she has 5 rabbits left. How many rabbits did Anna give to Kelsey? Alan has 13 beads. Seven are green and the rest are red. How many red beads does Alan

More information

Eureka Math & Engage NY Mid- Module Review 3 rd Grade Module 5

Eureka Math & Engage NY Mid- Module Review 3 rd Grade Module 5 Eureka Math & Engage NY Mid- Module Review rd Grade Module 5 Created by: Andrea McDonald https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/store/windy- City- Teacher Common Core Standards:.NF.,.NF.,.G. Name Date /.

More information

Weekly Planning Sheet: Maths Teacher: Miss Morris and Mrs Coates Year: 1 Date:

Weekly Planning Sheet: Maths Teacher: Miss Morris and Mrs Coates Year: 1 Date: Tu and W I can add two numbers together Adding Up with a Partner With a partner, and using a whiteboard, find out how many letters they have in their names altogether. Write the number sentence. WALT recognise

More information

Summer Math Calendar

Summer Math Calendar Going into Third Grade Directions: Follow the daily activities to practice different math concepts. Feel free to extend any of the activities listed. When the work is completed, have a parent initial the

More information

These tests contain questions ranging from Level 2 to Level 3. Children should have five seconds to answer questions 1 3 in each test,

These tests contain questions ranging from Level 2 to Level 3. Children should have five seconds to answer questions 1 3 in each test, These tests contain questions ranging from Level to Level. Children should have five seconds to answer questions in each test, ten seconds to answer questions and fifteen seconds to answer questions -.

More information

3 tens and 3 ones: How many tens and ones do I have? How many tens and ones do I have? tens and ones. tens and ones. tens one. tens one.

3 tens and 3 ones: How many tens and ones do I have? How many tens and ones do I have? tens and ones. tens and ones. tens one. tens one. = Another name for ten ones is one ten. =10 33 3 tens and 3 ones: tens one 3 3 How many tens and ones do I have? tens one tens and ones How many tens and ones do I have? tens one tens and ones 1 Write

More information

1. Subtract and match to the correct answer (simplify if required).

1. Subtract and match to the correct answer (simplify if required). Time: 1. Subtract and match to the correct answer (simplify if required). a) b) c) Copyright 2010 Seriously Addictive. All Rights Reserved. Page 1 Time: 2. Subtract and match to the correct answer (simplify

More information

Essentials. Week by. Week. Investigations. Let s Write Write a story about. Seeing Math $ $ $ $ What Do You Think? Patterns, Patterns, Patterns

Essentials. Week by. Week. Investigations. Let s Write Write a story about. Seeing Math $ $ $ $ What Do You Think? Patterns, Patterns, Patterns Week by Week MATHEMATICS Essentials Grade 2 WEEK 21 Let s Write Write a story about 1 2 Seeing Math What Do You Think? Suppose you hit the target with three darts. How could you score 15? Is there more

More information

Class Work 16. Problem 2 Circle all of the objects that have a cylinder shape.

Class Work 16. Problem 2 Circle all of the objects that have a cylinder shape. Class Work 16 Problem 1 This is traffic light. Trace and color in the lights according to the traffic light rule. Problem 2 Circle all of the objects that have a cylinder shape. Problem 3 Color in the

More information

Pairs of Lines Angles

Pairs of Lines Angles LESSON 31 Pairs of Lines Angles Power Up facts Power Up F count aloud Count by 12s from 12 to 84. Count by 5s from 3 to 53. mental math a. Number Sense: How many is 2 dozen?... 3 dozen?... 4 dozen? 24;

More information

Teacher Presentation Slides

Teacher Presentation Slides for Grades PreK 2 Teacher Presentation Slides for use with Educator Guide TIMELINE: THE HISTORY OF MONEY PAST PRESENT LESSON 1: COUNTING COINS 2 MIXED COINS LESSON 1: COUNTING COINS 3 STORY PROBLEMS: COUNTING

More information

BELLEVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUMMER MATH PACKET STUDENTS ENTERING 3 rd GRADE REQUIRED MATERIALS: Pencil Centimeter/Inch Ruler Scrap Paper

BELLEVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUMMER MATH PACKET STUDENTS ENTERING 3 rd GRADE REQUIRED MATERIALS: Pencil Centimeter/Inch Ruler Scrap Paper BELLEVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUMMER MATH PACKET STUDENTS ENTERING 3 rd GRADE 2016-2017 REQUIRED MATERIALS: Pencil Centimeter/Inch Ruler Scrap Paper SUMMER MATH PACKET 2016-2017 NAME: SCHOOL: 1.Carol is reading

More information

Language Arts and. Common Core Edition. carsondellosa.com/spectrum. Parent-friendly explanations of Common Core Standards

Language Arts and. Common Core Edition. carsondellosa.com/spectrum. Parent-friendly explanations of Common Core Standards Common Core Edition Language Arts and Math based Take the mystery out of the Common Core while supporting standardslearning K Includes over 100 learning cards! Parent-friendly explanations of Common Core

More information

Answer Key Lesson 10: Add Fractions

Answer Key Lesson 10: Add Fractions nswer Key Lesson 0: dd Fractions Student uide dd Fractions (S pp. 99) Questions.. ossible response:.. Use fraction circle pieces to model the problem.. Is Kathy s estimate correct Explain your reasoning.

More information

Cranford Public Schools Summer Math Practice Students Entering 2 nd Grade

Cranford Public Schools Summer Math Practice Students Entering 2 nd Grade Cranford Public Schools Summer Math Practice Students Entering 2 nd Grade 1. Complete the chart below by writing the missing numbers from 0 120. Finish the number patterns below. 2. 11, 12,,,,, 3. 55,

More information

MATHEMATICS TEST. Paper 2 calculator allowed LEVEL 6 TESTS ANSWER BOOKLET. First name. Middle name. Last name. Date of birth Day Month Year

MATHEMATICS TEST. Paper 2 calculator allowed LEVEL 6 TESTS ANSWER BOOKLET. First name. Middle name. Last name. Date of birth Day Month Year LEVEL 6 TESTS ANSWER BOOKLET Ma MATHEMATICS TEST LEVEL 6 TESTS Paper 2 calculator allowed First name Middle name Last name Date of birth Day Month Year Please circle one Boy Girl Year group School YOU

More information

Homework. 2-1 Name. 1 Write the numbers going down to see the tens. 2 What number comes after 100? 3 What number comes next?

Homework. 2-1 Name. 1 Write the numbers going down to see the tens. 2 What number comes after 100? 3 What number comes next? 2-1 Name 1 Write the numbers going down to see the tens. 1 11 41 71 2 92 3 63 44 74 25 95 56 37 18 88 10 20 50 100 2 What number comes after 100? 69 3 What number comes next? UNIT 2 LESSON 1 Ones, Tens,

More information

2nd Grade Facts Presentation

2nd Grade Facts Presentation Slide 1 / 246 Slide 2 / 246 2nd Grade Facts Presentation 1 2015-11-23 www.njctl.org Slide 3 / 246 Presentation 1 Table of Contents Facts Click on a topic to go to that section. Recall from Memory Addition

More information

Year 1. Using and applying mathematics. Framework review

Year 1. Using and applying mathematics. Framework review Year 1 Using and applying mathematics Solve problems involving counting, adding, subtracting, doubling or halving in the context of numbers, measures or money, for example to pay and give change I am going

More information

Cheetah Math Superstars

Cheetah Math Superstars Cheetah Math Superstars Parents: You may read the problem to your child and demonstrate a similar problem, but he/she should work the problem on their own. Please encourage independent thinking and problem

More information

Essentials. Week by. Week

Essentials. Week by. Week Week by Week MATHEMATICS Essentials 9 Nifty Numbers Flash models of -digit numbers on overhead using bean sticks, or needlepoint canvas. Have students color in the corresponding number on a hundred board

More information

model, compare, and order fractions and mixed numbers explore and model tenths and hundredths as decimals compare and order decimals add and subtract

model, compare, and order fractions and mixed numbers explore and model tenths and hundredths as decimals compare and order decimals add and subtract - model, compare, and order fractions and mixed numbers explore and model tenths and hundredths as decimals compare and order decimals add and subtract decimals add and subtract money 270 The Grade 4 students

More information

2008 Cedar Ridge Test Solutions

2008 Cedar Ridge Test Solutions 2008 Cedar Ridge Test Solutions 1) The value of 1.4 + 0.03 + 0.009 + 7 is Step 1: Line up all of the decimals in the equation: 1.4 0.03 0.009 + 7 8.439 2) Solve: 4 + 2 x 3 4 2 + 3 = Answer: 8.439 Order

More information

Operations and Algebraic Thinking: Fluency within 5

Operations and Algebraic Thinking: Fluency within 5 Unit 13 Operations and Algebraic Thinking: Fluency within 5 Introduction In this unit, students will develop fluency in addition and subtraction within 5. By this point, they have learned several methods

More information

Math Kangaroo 2015 Sample Questions - Levels 3 & facebook.com/nnvminh

Math Kangaroo 2015 Sample Questions - Levels 3 & facebook.com/nnvminh Math Kangaroo 2015 Sample Questions - Levels 3 & 4 -------facebook.com/nnvminh 1. A) 6 B) 7 C) 8 D) 10 E) 15 3. Which number is hidden behind the square in the equation to the right? A) 2 B) 3 C) 4 D)

More information

Lesson 1. Find Sums on an Addition Table =? The sum for is found where row 3 and column 4 meet _ 7

Lesson 1. Find Sums on an Addition Table =? The sum for is found where row 3 and column 4 meet _ 7 Find Sums on an Addition Table Essential Question How do you find sums on an addition table? 3 + 4 =? The sum for 3 + 4 is found where row 3 and column 4 meet. Model and Draw 3 1 4 5 _ 7 row 0 1 2 3 4

More information

Number and Operations in Base Ten. Number and Operations Fractions

Number and Operations in Base Ten. Number and Operations Fractions Number and Operations in Base Ten Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multi-digit arithmetic. Lesson CC..NBT. Round to the Nearest Ten or Hundred........ Lesson CC..NBT.

More information

Summer Math Activities. Every Friday! Board Game, Card Game or App Day. Choose a game or app to play with your child!

Summer Math Activities. Every Friday! Board Game, Card Game or App Day. Choose a game or app to play with your child! Summer Math Activities First Grade: July 7 th, July 14 th, July 21 st, July 28 th, August 4 th, August 11 th, August 18 th, and August 25 th Every Friday! Board Game, Card Game or App Day. Choose a game

More information

Fourth Grade Quarter 3 Unit 5: Fraction Equivalence, Ordering, and Operations Part 2, Topics D-H Approximately 25 days Begin around January 4 th

Fourth Grade Quarter 3 Unit 5: Fraction Equivalence, Ordering, and Operations Part 2, Topics D-H Approximately 25 days Begin around January 4 th HIGLEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT INSTRUCTIONAL ALIGNMENT Fourth Grade Quarter 3 Unit 5: Fraction Equivalence, Ordering, and Operations Part 2, Topics D-H Approximately 25 days Begin around January 4 th In

More information

Cheetah Math Superstars

More information

Cheetah Math Superstars

Cheetah Math Superstars PTA SPONSORED Parents: You may read the problem to your child and demonstrate a similar problem, but he/she should work the problem on their own. Please encourage independent thinking and problem solving.

More information

Study Guide 3: Addition of Whole Numbers Category 2: Computation and Algebraic Relationships

Study Guide 3: Addition of Whole Numbers Category 2: Computation and Algebraic Relationships Study Guide 3: Addition of Whole Numbers Category 2: Computation and Algebraic Relationships Vocabulary Addition Addends Missing addend Sum Total Plus Number sentence Equation Regroup Estimate Estimation

More information

Sixth Grade Spiraling Review Week 1 of Second Six Weeks

Sixth Grade Spiraling Review Week 1 of Second Six Weeks Week 1 of Second Six Weeks Day 1 Scott bought fruit for a baseball tournament. The table shows the amount of each type of fruit he bought. Type of Fruit Peaches Apples Bananas Oranges Amount (lb) 3 5 19

More information

1st Grade Two Digit Subtraction

1st Grade Two Digit Subtraction Slide 1 / 225 Slide 2 / 225 1st Grade Two Digit Subtraction 2015-11-30 www.njctl.org Slide 3 / 225 Table of Contents - Subtracting Ten from Multiples of Ten with Blocks - Subtracting Ten from Multiples

More information

Number Shapes. Professor Elvis P. Zap

Number Shapes. Professor Elvis P. Zap Number Shapes Professor Elvis P. Zap January 28, 2008 Number Shapes 2 Number Shapes 3 Chapter 1 Introduction Hello, boys and girls. My name is Professor Elvis P. Zap. That s not my real name, but I really

More information